Our client is currently looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to join their Capital Delivery team in North West London. This position would involve leading a team of c.10 engineers.Responsibilities
- Concept design through feasibility and de-risking activities to contract award.
- Technical Assurance of detailed designs by contractors, design change reviews and waiver applications during construction.
- Provide the Project Teams with the support they need during the commissioning and handover of assets.
- Act as the key contact for the Contract Design Management regulations designer or Principal Designer role as required.
- Undertake Health and Safety inspections of construction sites
- Be competent in risk management, including risk identification, mitigation, and control. Being able to de-risk and add value is a key skill for this position.
- Civil engineering degree or equivalent and hold a professional chartership
- Background in infra (water and wastewater pipework) design including pumping stations, storage tanks, and open cut and no dig techniques. Background within non-infra works (treatment works) will be also considered.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment to achieve compliance.
- Leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to influence senior colleagues and collaborate with others to achieve buy-in from all those involved.
- Competitive salary from £52k pa to £78k pa
- Car allowance of £5.8k
- 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service (Plus bank holidays)
- Annual Bonus
- Private Medical Health Care
- 12% Contributory pension
- Personal Medical Assessments - Open to all once a year
- Wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.