We are currently dealing with a major Engineering consultancy who are working on some of the UK leading rail infrastructure projects such as HS2 and TRu, with the said consultancy looking at recruiting a Senior or Principal Rail Civil Engineer in Birmingham to undertake team leadership and CRE duties. Within the role there is also opportunities to work on major international projects, as the said consultancy has a global reach, along with opportunities to progress into a CEM role.
This role could suit a Senior Rail Civil Engineer CRE or Principal Rail Civil who have lead design teams, looking to progress into a management or Associate role. Or alternatively a Project Engineer or Design Manager who initially comes from a technical Design background looking to progress into a management role in a consultancy.
Typical job duties for the Principal Rail Civil Engineer, could include, but not limited to:
- Undertake CRE duties on Rail Civils schemes.
- Leading and managing ateam of Civil Engineers, graduates and technicians, with the said role having 3 direct reports within a Rail Civil team of 11-14
- Designing and checking rail civil engineering deliverables.
- Proactively contributing to the effective and consistent development and leadership of the team and implementation ofcompany policies
- Responsible for expandingthe skill set of the rail civils team
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience in fulfilling the role of a CRE.
- Experienced within the rail sector and ability in the use of Network Rail procedures and standards.
- Experience working within the Rail Civil Design environment.
- Ability in the use of Eurocodes.
As mentioned, this role is based in the West Midland, specifically Birmingham operating hybrid working so could suit candidates in the surrounding areas such as Derby or Solihull. If this role is of interest, then dont hesitate to contact Sebastian at Critical Project Resourcing.