Amey are a leading provider of full life-cycle engineering, operations and decarbonisation solutions, for transport infrastructure and complex facilities.
Working for us, youll be delivering sustainable infrastructure solutions that enhance life and protect our shared future.
Our people are driven by a set of strong values, based on safety, insight, and collaboration. The opportunity
We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Civil Engineer to join our Amey Consulting team in Scotland. We have design hubs in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Motherwell, Perth, and Aberdeen together with additional office space in Dumfries, Ayr, Dundee, Nairn and Huntly.
Our Amey Consulting Scotland Team are involved in designing some of the largest civil engineering and associated infrastructure projects across Scotland with cumulative values in excess of £1bn.
Amey manages both the Southwest and Northeast Trunk Road Network Management contracts, with the Southwest being awarded in 2020 and the Northeast in 2022. These are 8-year contracts, extendable up to 12 years. In addition to these long-term contracts, we also have a diverse portfolio of major roads, bridges and transportation and civil design projects with Transport Scotland, Local Authorities, and established contractors across the country.
These long-term contracts provide excellent opportunities for technical, engineering, and professional design staff at all stages of their careers to be involved in some of the most exciting and challenging engineering projects associated with Scotlands arterial road network. Your new role
As a Civil Engineer, you will play an important part in every stage of a project from inception to completion. Key responsibilities of the role are:
What you will bring to us
- Implementing the project requirements to fully meet client specification with relevant standards.?
- Undertaking any work of a technical nature that falls within ability and competence.?
- Preparing and checking design approach, calculations drawing and documents.?
- Carrying out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors.?
- Preparing and checking feasibility studies, inspection, assessment, and technical reports ensuring compliance with Amey procedures.?
- Being confident to work under minimum supervision and check the work of others.
- Assisting with the supervision, mentoring and development of team members from Graduate Engineers and Technicians through to Assistant Engineers.
- Assisting with contract preparation together with project planning and programming.
- Compliance with relevant health, safety, and environmental legislation, particularly CDM regulations.
What we can offer you
- Developedexperience and expertise within Highways/Civil engineering field, probably gained in an Assistant Engineerroleor equivalent.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Highways / Roads design.
- An ability to produceor oversee the production of technically sound Highwaysengineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements.
- Experience in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Successful completion of the initial professional development leading to either Incorporated or Chartered status or an equivalent professional licence and to the level defined by their education.
- A demonstrable commitment to their plan of actions and key dates leading to successful completion of either the professional review or end point assessment, resulting in the award of Incorporated or Chartered status or an equivalent professional licence
- Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject or demonstrable equivalent further learning
- EngTech status is desirable, gained through the professional institution to which the individual is aligned.
At Amey, we recognise that our biggest asset is our people. Thats why when you join us, we offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all lifes ups and downs. Its the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers.Career Development
Our dedicated progression framework identifies your career pathway and progress within the organisation, and with dedicated mentoring and support on hand to ensure you hit your career milestones. Were huge advocates for professional development and offer a financial recognition bonus for those achieving professional qualifications.
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, were open to discussing working options that suit you.Wellbeing
Health cash plan, 24 GP support and employee assistance programmes, wellbeing ambassadors and dental vouchersEDI-
At Amey we celebrate our people and all that they are. This is reflected in our Affinity Group networks, providing a community of support and connection, a safe space to share experiences, learn from one another and generate ideas Women @ Amey, NeuroDiversity, Armed Forces, Multicultural Network, Pride, Diversability and Parents & Carers.Social Value
Youll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives.
Plus a range of other great perks and benefits including:
Your career at Amey Consulting
- Pension Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices- Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey- Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in.
At Amey Consulting, we value collective expertise, but also the spark one person can bring. As one of us, you can really be yourself, because your individuality is an asset.
Youll be stretched, but always supported. Well recognise your hard work and look after your well-being too. Youll be empowered to play your part and achieve, encouraged to fulfil your own ambition as well as the shared one.
Application guidanceAmey is committed to Inclusion and Diversity.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are also committed to offering applicants with a disability an interview, if they meet the minimum requirements for the role.
Please contact our recruitment team to discuss any access needs, reasonable adjustments or additional application support that may be required at any point during the recruitment process.Apply today We are excited to hear from you!