If you are an enthusiastic and ambitious "Rock"-star who can demonstrate extensive laboratory experience, we want to harness your interest in the Geotechnical or ground engineering fields and offer you the next step in your career. We want a Engineering Geologist to join our well established, multi national company based in Hook, Hampshire.
BASIC SALARY: £26,000-£30,000
· 21 days holiday (rising one day per year)
· Free Lunch
· Company Bonus
· Share Incentive Scheme
· Life Assurance
LOCATION: Hook, Hampshire
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Basingstoke, Reading, Fareham, Guildford, Newbury, Camberley
WHY JOIN US?:
· Friendly and supportive working environment
· Annual bonus (equivalent of 4 weeks salary)
· Part of a share scheme that has risen by over 400% in the last 5 years
JOB DESCRIPTION: Geotechnical Engineer - Manufacturing, Test and Measurement
The role of a Geotechnical Engineer is a vital customer facing role where you will be an ambassador, working out of our office and in customer laboratories internationally.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
· The preparation and maintenance of product manuals.
· System assembly and QA testing for customer orders ready for shipment.
· In-house testing and calibration of products and systems.
· Preparation, maintenance and implementation of internal technical procedures.
· Recording and updating of documentation associated with QA and customer orders.
PERSON SPECIFICATION: Geotechnical Engineer, Manufacturing, Test and Measurement
To be a successful Geotechnical Systems Engineer, you will have a keen interest in the equipment and its operation.
It is ESSENTIAL that you have laboratory experience along with possessing excellent customer service skills both in person and on the telephone. You will be a natural problem solver, methodical and have the ability to take on multiple tasks at once.
You MUST also have:
· A relevant qualification and/or degree in Geotechnical Engineering / Engineering Geology / Ground Engineering. (minimum Graduate level)
· Confidence in a multitude of IT platforms.
· The drive and ability to learn 'on the job' with our in-house developed software packages and become familiar with technical terminology.
We are looking for an individual that wants a career. Many of our graduates stay with us for many years and become seasoned and senior Engineers. We want employees with the ability to quickly learn in-house developed software packages and a drive and desire to learn new ideas and concepts.
For 40 years, we have been designing computer controlled systems to evaluate the properties of soil and rock and have built a fantastic reputation within the geotechnical and earthquake testing sector.
It is likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Systems Engineer, Graduate Engineer, Geotechnical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Test Engineer, Environmental Geologist - Environmental Geology, Earth Sciences, Rock Testing, Soil Testing, Geology
INTERESTED? Please click apply. You will receive an acknowledgment of your application.
Please Note: Wallace Hind Selection have been chosen as the retained recruitment partner of our client and therefore any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
REF: DN17480, Wallace Hind Selection