We are currently dealing with an ever-growing engineering consultancy who are looking at recruiting a Principal Civil Design Engineer in London to work on Marine structures projects, such as jetties, quays, wharves, cofferdams, linkspans etc. As the Principal Civil Structural Engineer within Marine, you will lead projects through their complete life cycle, from tender production to scheme and detailed design. Typical job duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Lead projects, manage workloads and lead teams
Produce fee proposals, monitor project progress and spend
Liaise with clients directly and attend design progress meetings
- Design and assess various types of structure in a range of construction materials
- Undertake Temporary Works structures design including cofferdams, working platforms, pile gates etc.
- Lead senior and less experienced engineers and manage internal resources for
- Ideally a Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer
- Demonstrable success in the execution of marine related projects in the UK
- Strong knowledge of CDM regulations
- Ability to lead projects, manage workloads and lead teams
- Ability to produce fee proposals, monitor project progress and spend
- Ability to liaise with clients directly and attend design progress meetings
- Ability to identify, develop and present civil engineering solutions
- A good understanding of geotechnical engineering and soil mechanics
As mentioned, this position is based in London, specifically near London Bridge operating hybrid working so could suit candidates in the surrounding areas such as Kent, Surrey or Essex. If this role is of interest then dont hesitate to contact Sebastian at Critical Project Resourcing.