Steelway is a market leading provider of access metalwork solutions, Fencing, and security products across a diverse range of sectors, notably utility, transport, nuclear and local authority markets. Were at a pivotal stage in our company history. With a foundation of almost 100 years of experience, we are transforming the way we do business to support our aspirations for continued top and bottom line business growth. Were looking to recruit a professional, and experienced Structural Engineer
with experience in structural steelwork to complement our established team of designers and CAD technicians, as well as working with our incumbent third party structural engineering consultants.
The primary focus of this role is to work with our design teams in the early phases of projects to ensure that the correct balance between structural integrity, material cost and operational management is achieved.Responsibilities
- Performing calculations and analyses proportional to the maturity of the project phase to guide the design ensuring structural integrity whilst minimising material cost and operational complexity
- Liaising with external agencies regarding the structural integrity of the product ensuring compliance with customer specifications and appropriate external verification of structural integrity
- Producing and maintaining a series of design rules to allow rationalisation of designs in line with known good structural design.
- Developing a library of approved connections and sub assemblies to allow a modular design philosophy to be developed employed
- Identifying standard raw materials suitable for processing and handline within our factories and understanding the extents to which these materials can be properly used within our structural steelwork.
- Producing calculations, documents and reports to detail approaches to design work and support decision making
- Acting as a critical friend to the design and operational team and challenging working practices to support achievement of the primary role.
This exciting role requires exceptional structural engineering knowledge and experience in steelwork structures and fabrications, but also the pragmatism and tenacity to seek opportunity in every job to ensure that material cost and operational complexity is minimised whilst maintaining structural integrity. It would suit an individual looking to combine their experience and training as a structural engineer with an opportunity to be exposed to the wider business and develop themselves as part of an operational management team.Requirements
- Degree qualified in mechanical or civil engineering
- Chartered Engineer with either IMechE, ICE or IStructE(or evidence of working towards)
- 5 years experience in structural steelwork
- Competent in all standard Microsoft packages
- Familiar with autoCAD inventor
- Strong communication & influencing skills
- Strong commercial acumen
- Familiar with appropriate manufacturing processes
- Free Parking
- Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus statutory bank holidays)
No Agencies Please