We have a fantastic opportunity for a permanent Structures Engineer to join our Consulting Highways team. With shared office space in our Belfast office and the ability to work remotely we invite applications from across the UK.
Our 130 strong Belfast Design Hub delivers a range of local, national and international projects for clients including Department for Infrastructure Roads, Translink, National Highways, Transport Scotland and Network Rail. Our multidisciplinary team encapsulates Highway Engineering, Bridge/Structural Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, River & Coastal Engineering, Environmental Engineering and Traffic Engineering/Transport Planning, as well as being the BIM Centre of Excellence for Amey. This unique ecosystem offers our clients a one-stop shop and offers our staff the opportunity to grow and develop in a knowledge-rich environment, with specialists who are eager to assist and mentor their development.
Recent key projects include:
- £1bn A66 Northern Trans-Pennine (A66 NTP) project
- £40m Belfast Rapid Transit (BRT)
- £6m Lichfield Southern Bypass Railway Bridge
- £5m Translink Bridge Refurbishment Package 2
- £300m M8M73M74 Motorway Improvements Bridges
- £50m Churchill Flyover PTSI and Deconstruction
- Lifecycle management for the DBFO2 Network in Northern Ireland (M1, A4 and A1).
- £30M A565 North Liverpool Key Corridor Dualling
As part of our growing engineering team, youll collaborate and engage with colleagues through a combination of home and office-based working, delivering projects throughout Northern Ireland and further afield. You will gain invaluable experience and exposure working alongside our industry experts on varied and exciting, high-profile infrastructure projects
Work-life balance and flexibility are key for our success. We empower our people to make choices that are right for them, with hybrid, part-time and flexible work patterns. And with a network of offices across the UK, were open to discussing working options that suit you.
- Drive effective health and safety practices within your Team
- Liaise with the Client and our Community partners to ensure solutions that are developed are suitable for buildability and maintainability
- Provide support to the Engineer and Senior Engineer within the design team on various design duties including:
- Feasibility and other technical reports
- Planning, programming and cost estimation
- Design production
- Produce design schedules
- Amend design drawings
- Support development of Graduate Engineers and Technicians
- Work to programme to deliver specified designs on time
- Prepare technical reports (eg Feasibility/Options Reports, Assessment Reports and other technical reports)
- Ensure innovation and best practice is highlighted and adopted where practicable
- Ensure compliance with all relevant technical standards
- Carry out site surveys, inspections and supervision of junior colleagues on site
- Keep up to date with your own personal development to ensure the natural growth of the team and progression with your chosen professional institution
OurHighways teams impact the journeys of millions across the UK, by working in partnership with a range of clients and providing consultancy design services for Strategic and Local Highway networks. We are passionate about the highways projects that we design and take pride in seeing our towns and cities thrive by improving connectivity, journey times and quality of life
- Developedexperience and expertise within Highways/Civil engineering, probably gained in a Assistant Designer/Assistant Engineerroleor equivalent
- Knowledge of design processes and procedures relevant to the civil engineeringdiscipline
- An ability to produceor oversee the production of technically sound Highwaysengineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements working under supervision
- Experience in undertaking project related tasks associated with health, safety and welfare, e.g. Construction (Design and Management) Regulations
- Understanding of technical governance procedures within a consulting engineering environment
- You are happy to agree a programme of actions towards successful achievement of industry recognised qualifications, ie Incorporated or Chartered Engineer with a relevant body
- Minimum level 4 qualification in an appropriate subject ideally Bachelor or Master degree
In addition to this, it would be desirable if you have good commercial awareness and knowledge of budgets and programmes to help you hit the ground running, although this is not essential as we will provide you with the required development you need to bring you up to speed.
When you join us, we can offer flexibility, career development, a choice of benefits and support that help you through all lifes ups and downs. Its the reason why Investors in People put us among the top 1% of employers and we have a competitive reward and benefits program
We embrace difference
- Career Development- Exceptional development and progression plan
- Pension Generous Pension scheme which we will contribute to
- Holidays- Minimum 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Choices- Our flexible benefits scheme is tailored by you, including buying additional annual leave, cycle2work scheme, charity giving and gym membership
- Save with Amey- Our online voucher portal gives you access to thousands of discounts from leading retailers to help you save on shopping, days out, or nights in. It includes healthcare, free GP service, dental vouchers
- Social Value- Youll get 2 Community Involvement Days each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice and further opportunities to support fundraising initiatives
- Professional Subscription-Fee funded by Amey annually
to work in ways that work best for them.
and byworking in partnership with the communities
we serve, sopeople and the planetare protected.
At Amey,you have freedom to perform
because we know if nothing holds you back, together, we can be extraordinary.