Role: Civil Engineer - Hinkley 'C' Nuclear Power Station project
Location: Hinkley 'C' site near Bridgwater, Somerset (3 days.week in the office, with the remained worked from home)
Salary: £35000 - £70000 + good benefits including travel and accommodation allowance and/or relocation assistance
Start: December 2023 onwards
An exciting opportunity exists for Civil Engineers specialising in the design and analysis of large concrete structures (and ideally some steel structures experience) design, as well as knowledge of relevant Eurocodes, to work in support of EDF's Hinkley 'C' nuclear power station construction project.
The position will be based at the Hinkley 'C' site 3 days/week, with the remainder worked from home.
Whilst previous nuclear industry experience would be useful, this is not essential - prior experience in the design and analysis of other large structures (in particular regulated industry (e.g. oil and gas, power station, petrochemical, chemical) experience) would be acceptable
- Clarification of schedules and, more generally, design deliverables
- Review of construction non conformances and proposed solutions made by others;
- Review of construction modifications and proposed solutions made by others;
- Participating in collaborative meeting with designers, constructors and project managers;
- Collaborative activities with detailed designers
Qualifications and Experience
- Good Civil (Concrete structures) design and analysis experience
- Engineering design office experience, particularly in the design of large concrete structures
- Experience in the design and analysis of steelwork structures would be advantageous
- Experience in detailed design
- Prior nuclear industry experience would be advantageous, though experience gained in other industries, particularly regulated heavy industries would be acceptable.
For the right candidate, our client can offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including travel and accommodation expenses, combined with the opportunity to work for a highly respected company at the forefront of the UK nuclear new build industry offering outstanding prospects for future career development and advancement.
MORSON INTERNATIONAL, part of the Morson Group, are the leading TECHNICAL & ENGINEERING RECRUITMENT COMPANY in the UK specialising in Technical Support to the following industries: Nuclear, Power Generation, Aerospace, Rail, Marine, Petrochemical & Construction