We are currently dealing with a major Engineering consultancy who are looking at recruiting for a Senior or Principal Geotechnical Design Engineer based in Birmingham working HS2 with a focus on site liaison supporting the design delivery on site, with the role being similar to a Project Engineer or Designer Site Representative.
Within the role youll utilize your design office expertise, whilst supporting the translation of this onto site delivery, managing design queries and supporting the delivery teams in bringing detailed design work to life in which youll regularly deal with the Engineering contractors. As the Senior or Principal Geotechnical Design Engineer typical job duties can include, but not limited to:
- Carrying out Geotechnical Design work and site liaison/support on key projects
- Identification of the key resources and timescales required to deliver projects.
- Leading the development of technical solutions to client remits
- Providing to technical Geotechnical and Civil design guidance to the contractors on site
- Chartered Engineer
- Significant Geotechnical and Civil Design Engineering
- Familiar with technical design softwares
- Familiar with the relevant codes
- Experience of providing technical leadership to site teams
As mentioned, this is a position is based in Birmingham, specifically working on HS2 interchange station requiring 3 or 4 days on site. If this position is of interest, then dont hesitate to contact Sebastian at Critical Project Resourcing.