AMS is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service partner with Arup to support contingent recruitment processes. On behalf of Arup, we are looking for a Senior Civil Engineer for an initial 6-month contract based in Cardiff, Bristol or, Winchester.
Dedicated to sustainable development, Arup is a collective of designers, consultants and experts working globally. Founded to be humane and excellent, Arup collaborates with clients and partners using imagination, technology, and rigour to shape a better world.
We are seeking senior/principal water civil engineers to help lead and/or manage a diverse range of projects within our major client portfolios. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about technical excellence and providing an outstanding service to our clients.
This role will be on projects focusing on Clean Water & Wastewater Treatment. It could be the design of Wastewater Treatment plans or Clean Water Infrastructure, Coastal or River Flooding Mitigation.
We are looking for experienced Senior Civil Engineers who have delivered designs in this sector. Essential Skills and Qualifications:
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- A relevant degree and Chartered Engineer status.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high quality civil engineering solutions in the UK water utility or risk management authority sectors.
- A desire and ability to build and maintain strong, long-term relationships within Arup and with our clients.
- A creative approach to problem solving with a focus on continual improvement and delivering sustainable and value led project outcomes.
- A desire and ability to share knowledge and proactively mentor and manage teams and individuals.
- Strong organisational and analytical skills with a great attention to detail.
- Highly effective and open communications skills.
- Honest and trustworthy with a strong sense of appropriate ethical practice.
- Experience of successfully leading teams and managing multi-disciplinary projects to ensure production of deliverables to agreed timelines and budgets.
- Digitally and commercially savvy.
- Keen interest in digital design and developing tools to manage data.
- A successful track record of change management control.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model.
If you are interested in applying for this Senior Civil Engineer position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and speak to one of our sourcing specialists now.
Different people, shared values
Arup believes that when talented people collaborate, great things are possible.
Taking deliberate action to create an inclusive culture that is grounded in a purpose to shape a better world - Arup welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and any other protected characteristic.
Please let us know if you need any assistance or reasonable adjustments throughout your application and we will do everything we possibly can to support you.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.