Risk Engineer - Energy and Chemicals £70,000-£115,000 + Benefits London/HybridThe Role
Are you an experienced chemical engineer with an interest in risk management? Would you relish the opportunity to work for a world leader in the Energy and Chemicals insurance sector? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Our client is a world leader in the energy, chemicals, and petroleum insurance sector, looking to appoint a highly experienced Energy and Chemicals Risk Engineer to its growing team. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in assessing and mitigating risks associated with energy and chemical facilities.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented chemical engineer to apply their technical knowledge in a specialised field, whilst gaining valuable insights into the world of risk management and insurance services within a globally renowned insurance service company.Key Responsibilities:
- Undertaking physical condition surveys of client sites, whose output will be a description of the facilities, an analysis of loss control features and engineering/ financial based assets, the production of building and equipment replacement estimates, generating desk- top risk assessments and conducting training and benchmarking exercises.
- Assist underwriting and claims teams by identifying risks and by providing detailed technical insight into the nature of risks as well as recommendations to clients on how risks might be mitigated.
- Interact with senior client staff in risk management, operations, and engineering functions. The ability to communicate to all organizational levels is a critical competency, and a key task is the production of underwriting reports, requiring the ability to summarise data in a structured report format.
Our client is a world leader in the energy, chemicals, and petroleum insurance sector, providing risk engineering services across the globe, for clients in all hazardous segments, from oil & gas exploration and production, through mid-stream, refining to downstream petrochemicals.The Person
- Extensive exposure to the mid- stream/ downstream energy sector.
- Likely to be degree qualified mechanical or chemical engineers, candidates are sought primarily from gas, refining, ethylene, and derivatives, BTX or ammonia/methanol industries although onshore oil and gas maybe considered.
- Experience within asset integrity, operational process safety or group audit would be beneficial. However, exposure to production and operational engineering, technical support, and maintenance functions, ideally on sites offering high -hazard complex multi-unit interactions, would be very relevant.
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward-thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.