Engineering Manager - Geotechnical
Location: Wakefield, West Yorkshire with remote based working.
Salary: £75,000 - £80,000 plus package including:
- Car / Car allowance
- Heath Cash Plan
- Flexible working arrangements
A privately-owned, award-winning infrastructure company, highly respected nationally for providing rail, plant and construction solutions now have a an opportunity for an Engineering Manager with experience of earthwork, geotechnical or groundworks engineering to join their Rail Division.
Reporting to the Regional Engineering Manager, you will provide dependable and competent technical leadership and advice to the project teams throughout the portfolio of works.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Discharging the duties of Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM)
- Where required, also discharge the duties of Contractors Responsible Engineer (CRE)
- Oversee all technical aspects of project delivery by supporting our site-based construction management team.
- Supporting the supervisory and engineering teams in the management of Quality Plans and Temporary Works.
- Take an active role in the development of the engineering capability for junior and graduate engineers, within Story Contracting by providing Continuous Professional Development, mentorship and guidance to CRE candidates.
- Provide support to the Regional Engineering Manager to develop new and existing work streams by providing confidence in the company's ability to plan and execute works to the highest standards.
Candidate Skills / Experience
- A wide ranging experience of the railway industry and be a specialist in the geotechnical discipline
- Preferably be a degree-qualified engineer and a member of a suitable professional engineering institution. An in-depth knowledge of Network Rail Standards and the Engineering Lifecycle of a project
- Demonstrable CEM experience of earthwork, geotechnical or groundworks projects
- Can manage the technical aspects of a project throughout the full life cycle through pre-construction from early feasibility and design phases, through to delivery and successful handback and commissioning.
For further information and to apply get in touch!
Navartis Ltd is a specialist recruitment company supplying highly skilled technical and management professionals within the global Transportation, Civil Engineering & Utility industries, if you are seeking a new position our recruitment team can locate the opportunity to suit your needs