Principal Geotechnical EngineerBirmingham£50,000-£60,000
Our client, a leading engineering consultancy, is actively looking several experienced Geotechnical Engineers to join their astute team. As a Principle Geotechnical Engineer, you will be accountable for managing components of the projects, providing technical input to the projects and collaboratively working with other design disciplines. Responsibilities
- Managing projects or components of projects, taking responsibility for own resource and potentially resource allocation of others, managing subcontractors, quality assurance and client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications.
- Producing and assisting others in the design of earthworks, foundations (shallow and piles), retaining walls and slope stability assessments.
- Preparing and checking geotechnical calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project deliverables as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice.
- Carrying out a range of project activities to support the development and implementation of engineering solutions and make technical decisions within scope of the role.
- Independently drive routine projects and non-routine tasks without guidance.
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues during design meetings.
- Collaborating with other design disciplines to ensure the integrity of the overall design.
- Ensuring compliance of deliverables for which you have responsibility, including drawings, reports, specifications and studies with project requirements.
- Preparing and checking technical reports such as Desk Study Reports, GIRs and GDRs.
- Enhancing team's reputation by delivering high quality work on time and budget.
- Commercial input to projects
- BEng in Civil Engineering/, Geotechnical Engineering or similiar.
- Ideally MSc / MEng in Geotechnical Engineering or similar
- Ideally Chartered Professional (CEng/ CGeol)
- Well-rounded geotechnical design experience including foundations (shallow foundation and piles), retaining walls and slope stability assessments.
- Proven experience acting as a senior / principal geotechnical engineer with substantial experience.
- Post-graduate experience in most aspects of projects, including planning, supervising and design, together with examples of applying standards and technical knowledge in projects.
- Earthworks design, specification and implementation.
- Experience in ground investigation design and implementation.
- Experience in the use of routine geotechnical design programs such as VDISP/PDISP, WALLAP, SLIDE, REPUTE and SlopeW.
- Good motivational and people management skills with an ability to influence staff and clients particularly regarding technical issues.
- Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
- Excellent report writing skills with the ability to self-check and produce accurate deliverables.
- Flexible to travel for short assignments.
- Ability to work within large multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
For information about this position or any others within the Civil Engineering design market please contact Calum on 02394 317 816.
Given the employment type, candidates MUST already have the right to work. Unfortunately sponsorship is not possible due to the contract type and time constraints.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.