are currently working with a leading engineering firm who are looking to expand their team by taking on a Junior Civil Project Engineer
in Lydney. This client working with a number of global based construction and civil projects.
The successful candidate will have experience within Civil Engineering Projects, will understand technical drawings, engineering planning, civil engineering, and will need to be qualified in an engineering related subject. You will provide engineering support including amendments to drawings after completing component testing, offering suitable alternatives for clients. You will also attend client sites to discuss projects and specification.Junior Civil Project Engineer Benefits:
Junior Civil Project Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Salary of up to £40,000 per annum
- 33 days holidays
- Hours Monday to Friday 37 hours per week
- Hybrid working
- Pension/ Life Assurance Plan
- Private Medical Cover
- Income protection
- Yearly bonus scheme based on company profitability.
- Long Service Awards
Junior Civil Project Engineer Required Experience/Qualification
- Provide technical engineering input into proposals and projects, including estimates of engineering hours, timescales and costs when required.
- Review and deliver to the technical requirements of the contract and specification negotiated by the Sales or Commercial teams.
- Checking designs and conduct component testing when appropriate.
- Carry out identified non-conformance report actions and implement any amendments or improvements, providing recommendations and alternatives for clients.
- Manage out all pre and post-order engineering requirements based on in-house design rules and relevant design codes, all to meet the client specification requirements as defined via the Sales team and as set out in the contract.
- Carry out special parts designs and arrange pre- and post-order drafting work as required.
- Attend project / client technical meetings for tenders and projects as required (travel throughout the UK and overseas will be required).
- Ensure that all Engineering and NPD activity is completed on time and to budget, and in a safe and controlled manner.
- Implement all aspects of Business Improvement projects as required.
- Input into regular reports on Engineering / NPD progress and performance, plus other engineering issues, to the Head of Engineering.
Privacy and General Data Protection Policy
- Must have a Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience within Steel or Bridge construction even if during studies
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to use latest versions of AutoCAD, Inventor
- Ability to use and demonstrate at least one of the following: LUSAS, Ansys, Superstress, Mathcad (Desirable)
- Placement experience gained whether with a Design Consultancy Practice, Civil Engineering firm
- Knowledge of BS5400 and/or Eurocodes
By applying for this position, you are giving consent for Platform Resourcing Limited to contact you regarding this vacancy and to discuss potential opportunities that would be seen to be in both parties interest for the explicit reason of assisting you to find work. Your details will not be passed on to any prospective employer/s without your prior consent. Platform Resourcing will not share any of your details with any third parties unless deemed suitable by you as the applicant/data subject.
The above is a general overview and should not be used as a comprehensive list of Platform Resourcing Limited's commitments. You can find more information on how we handle your data please see our Data Protection and General Data Protection Policy within our policies page on our company website. If you have any questions, call before applying.
Platform Resourcing are a recruitment agency, working on behalf of a 3rd party client for this vacancy.