Are you a seasoned engineering expert in search of a fresh and thrilling chance? The Department of Conservation and Natural Resources is currently on the lookout for a candidate to fill the role of a Civil Engineer Consultant. In this position, you will be responsible for conducting meticulous and independent quality assurance technical reviews, as well as offering consultant services for intricate civil engineering designs. If you are ready to embark on a new adventure, do not hesitate to apply today and become a valuable member of our team!
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As part of this position, you will be responsible for performing comprehensive quality assurance assessments on civil engineering plans and specifications for a diverse range of design projects, such as bridges, dams, buildings, and other civil engineering structures. Your role will involve identifying and resolving any issues or challenges related to civil engineering designs or construction problems. Reporting directly to the Director of the Bureau of Facility Design and Construction (FDC), you will collaborate with the Central Office Division staff, regional engineers, consultants, contractors, and external technical and professional agencies to ensure the successful completion of projects.
Interested in learning more? Additional details regarding this position can be found in the position description.
Work Schedule and Additional Information:
- Full-time employment
- Work hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday, with 30-minute lunch.
- Telework: You may have the opportunity to work from home (telework) part-time up to 5 days per pay period. In order to telework, you must have a securely configured high-speed internet connection. If you are unable to telework, you will have the option to report to the headquarters office in Harrisburg.
- Salary: In some cases, the starting salary may be non-negotiable.
- You will receive further communication regarding this position via email. Check your email, including spam/junk folders, for these notices.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
Minimum Experience and Training Requirements:
- Four years of professional civil engineering experience which includes three years in the appropriate specialty.
Necessary Special Requirement:
- This position requires possession of a valid Professional Engineer license issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists.
How to Apply:
- Resumes, cover letters, and similar documents will not be reviewed, and the information contained therein will not be considered for the purposes of determining your eligibility for the position. Information to support your eligibility for the position must be provided on the application (i.e., relevant, detailed experience/education).
- If you are claiming education in your answers to the supplemental application questions, you must attach a copy of your college transcripts for your claim to be accepted toward meeting the minimum requirements. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable.
- Your application must be submitted by the posting closing date. Late applications and other required materials will not be accepted.
- Failure to comply with the above application requirements will eliminate you from consideration for this position.
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS):
- 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals).
If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodations due to a disability, please discuss your request for accommodations with the interviewer in advance of your interview date.
The Commonwealth is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Commonwealth values inclusion as we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most qualified people to serve the citizens of Pennsylvania. The Commonwealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, union membership, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, AIDS or HIV status, disability, or any other categories protected by applicable federal or state law. All diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. EXAMINATION INFORMATION
- Completing the application, including all supplemental questions, serves as your exam for this position. No additional exam is required at a test center (also referred to as a written exam).
- Your score is based on the detailed information you provide on your application and in response to the supplemental questions.
- Your score is valid for this specific posting only.
- You must provide complete and accurate information or:
- your score may be lower than deserved.
- you may be disqualified.
- You may only apply/test once for this posting.
- Your results will be provided via email.