Senior Structural EngineerGosport6 Months contract £650 per day Inside IR35SC RequiredThe role:
As a Senior Structural Engineer reporting to the Principal Engineer, you'll be responsible for the design and analysis of structural and non-structural metallic components, assemblies, and castings from their initial concept through to final production.Responsibilities:
Skills and experiences:
- Develop the capabilities in the areas you are working in; mentor others to improve the knowledge of your areas of expertise within the wider engineering and technical communities.
- Encourage increased collaboration across the Group/wider technical teams. Work with other functions (e.g., Safety Engineering) to deliver the technical programme of work ensuring compliance with statutory, regulatory, company and project-specific processes.
- Utilise opportunities with partner organisations to identify and then develop joint technical strategies to expand our combined customer offering; his will include supporting Business Development and Sales strategy.
- Ensure projects/programmes you are responsible for are conducted in a safe manner, highlighting hazards and potentially unsafe practices.
- Ensure that Governance is applied consistently across the technical programmes where you are involved; act as a peer/independent reviewer for other projects or programmes of work where suitable.
Should you be interested in the role then please apply with CV
- Experience in the design of metallic structures using both forged and cast components
- Knowledge of the design of detailed features, holes, inserts and casting refinement
- Experience of performing static, dynamic and fatigue analysis of metallic structures and components.
- Experience of working in a multidisciplinary project team
- If you have experience with at least one of the following, you will be considered for this role:
- Finite Element Analysis of structures and systems
- Experience of metallic materials, design, and manufacturing
- Experience of design and analysis of metallic structures
- Experience of analytical analysis of metallic structures and failure
- Knowledge of different metallic manufacturing techniques
- Proficient in FEA software ideally Abaqus
- Proficient in CAD software