We are looking for an experienced Senior / Managing Quantity Surveyor to work for a civil engineering contractor based in Birmingham working on a multi discipline civil enigneering projects within Infrastructure, Earthworks and Structures
As the successful candidate you will manage all costs and contracts relating to the projects within the company, from the initial calculations to the final figures. You must seek to minimise the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
* You will be responsible for estimating, surveying, cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
* Provide advice and guidance to Project QS and Assistant QS and assist the Managing Surveyor with review and authorisation of S/C Orders and S/C Payments.
* Show good communication skills in overseeing Project QS & Assistant QS, ensuring instructions are clear and concise and responses are met within a defined time frame.
* Cost planning and commercial management throughout the entire life cycle of the project from inception to post-completion.
* Value determination. Risk management and calculation.
* Procurement advice and assistance during the tendering procedures. Tender analysis and agreement of the contract sum.
* Commercial management and contract administration. Assistance in dispute resolution.
* Interim valuations and payment assessment. Cost management Assessing the additional costs of design variations, and providing substantiation production of company pre-qualification questionnaire (PQQ) documentation in line with company policies.
* Aid support and guidance on commercial issues
* Experience / Qualifications: Recognised Quantity Surveying qualification
* Previous experience within a similar role NEC3 experience
* Good knowledge of Early warnings and CE procedures within NEC3
* Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages Good organisational skills and the ability to prioritise
* Ability to work to deadlines and with minimum supervision