Our Client in Dover is looking for Construction Project Engineer - Electrical for a Fix Term contract until 2027.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays), Private Health Care, Life assurance, Employee assistance programme, 3rd party discounts, benefit and reward platform
Salary: £35k - £45k pa
You will manage the Electrical scope (along with mechanical systems) of a large project for the delivery of buildings and associated civil, structural and utilities scope from inception to completion as part of large infrastructure project.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the project scope is effectively defined and managed to achieve the required project outcomes. Effective collaboration with supply chain and other stakeholders and technical competence in the design and build process are essential.
Construction Project Engineer - Electrical duties and responsibilities:
* To be the client-side Electrical (HV/LV) lead and cover mechanical scope on a complex and integrated infrastructure project.
* Provide engineering expertise in the planning and delivery of complex multi-disciplinary engineering projects, maintenance and inspection activities.
* To manage the optimisation of the design working with early contractor involvement on the technical requirements, and review outputs and respond to these for the design progression through the RIBA stages,
* To establish good working relationships with all stakeholders and liaise with these frequently, to maximise cross-functional understanding and impacts assessments across various projects, the key deliverables, and the interdependencies of these,
* To ensure the optimisation of the design is delivered in accordance with the quality and deliverables as stated in the contract documents to enable the project to be competitively tendered,
* To act in the capacity of ‘Project Manager' under the NEC 3 or 4 Engineering and Construction Contract for M&E related scope.
* To act in the capacity of CDM Principal Designer and CDM Principal Contractor when appointed your line manager.
* To ensure defects are notified and dealt with quickly, efficiently and to the required quality through design and construction phases.
* To proactively and pragmatically problem solve technical and practical issues with Contractors on site.
* To carry out formal and informal inspections, witness testing (and associated reporting thereof) of on-going works, both contracted out and internally resourced.
* Responsible for receiving correct and completed QA / handover records from contractors.
* To ensure all as build drawings are updated to the correct standard, and transfer of completed as builds, technical specifications and operations and maintenance manuals to the asset team via the programme document management process for M&E and associated infrastructure elements.
Construction Project Engineer - Electrical knowledge and experience:
* BSc/BEng in Mechanical, Electrical or Building Services or similar.
* Project Management Qualification from APM or alternative relevant professional organisation or demonstratable experience
* A minimum of 5 years of demonstrable experience as project manager for building construction projects. o Managing projects through the project lifecycle from inception to completion.
* A demonstrable understanding of CDM Regulations and Health & Safety Legislation. Cooperate and comply with Company Health, Safety and Environmental policy and procedures. Have regard for own safety, and that of other employees and visitors
* Full driving licence and own transport with business insurance. Contactable outside office hours and able work additional hours on occasion.
* Good user skills in MS Office and MS Project
* Experience of managing costs against set budgets