North Wales - Mold or Caernarfon (hybrid or part time working arrangements may be available)
Salary; £40,000 - 50,000 depending on experience.
Our client is a friendly, forward thinking and progressive company with offices in North Wales . They are a well- established, growing independent business with expertise in the fields of civil, structural and geotechnical engineering consultancy services
Due to increasing workload, they are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Civil Engineer to work in their offices (with scope for some remote working), to contribute to the delivery of our Business Plan growth targets.
This is a great opportunity for a Civil Engineer (already or nearly Chartered) with relevant experience (a minimum 5 years' post-graduate working in an engineering consultancy environment) to take their career to the next stage, take on commercial control of projects, and build up our Civils team.
As a Senior Engineer you will be chartered/near chartered. This is a hands-on role seeing a project through from start to finish. Taking responsibility is a given and you will work on a varied range of projects and deliver an effective and professional service to our clients.
You'll also have opportunities for further responsibility in the commercial and marketing side of the business as well as client and staff management. You will receive ongoing managerial and technical support and development and so make a real contribution to developing the business.
* Project management to include preparing quotations, invoicing and responsibility for the commercial success of projects
* Communicating directly with clients, generating business, preparing proposals, developing client briefs & attending project meetings
* Mentoring, developing and managing staff
* Management of production of technical documents by other team members
* Verifying design calculations and drawings done by other engineers and technicians
* Producing concise technical reports in line with customers' expectations
* Visits to site to represent the company and carry out investigations and monitor construction
* Development of engineering design and details in accordance with project brief
* Preparation of calculations, written reports and specifications.
Skills and Qualifications
* a degree/MEng in Civil Engineering or a related field
* technical design excellence and detailed understanding of relevant approvals processes for highways and drainage design/adoption, including SuDS
* up to date knowledge of current Design Standards, Building Regulations and Health and Safety and Statutory Consents
* Experience in the use of AutoCAD and Civils 3-D would be an advantage
* at least, five years' experience of working in a UK engineering consultancy
* experience of CESMM and NEC is desirable but not essential.
* excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise with clients, other members of the team and produce well-written, concise reports
* experience of managing and mentoring a team of engineers and technicians or a strong interest in developing in this area.
* You must be currently resident and eligible to work in the UK and have a full UK driving licence.
* A competitive salary
* Holidays - starting at 25 days, plus Bank Holidays
* Pension Scheme
* An interesting and varied workload
* A supportive and friendly team
* Significant opportunities to develop and apply commercial, marketing and management skills
* Relocation package maybe available
* Professional membership fees will be paid by the Company.
If this sounds like the right role for you, please send your CV today!
#senior #civilengineer #SuDs #AutoCAD #Civils3D #consultancy #wales #northwales