Working for SMT GB means that you will be joining a workplace that not only supports you but also ensures that you have the skills and knowledge to continuously learn and develop your career
Here at SMT GB we are hiring for a Preventative Maintenance Engineer to join the team, reporting to our Warrington depot you will be working in the field, attending customer sites across the North West carrying out pre planned services.
Plant Engineer, Service Technician, Plant Technician. Whatever title we give it, servicing and carrying out planned maintenance on Plant Machinery is exactly what an SMT Preventative Maintenance Engineer does.
* A very attractive base salary with annual pay reviews
* 38.5 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
* Regular overtime at enhanced rates
* Company bonus
* SMT Share bonus
* Company vehicle
* Uniform and full PPE
* 33 days holiday (including bank holiday)
* Annual OEM training
* Medical Cash Plan (Healthshield)
* Yulife (retail discount, membership and wellbeing product discounts, employee assistance programme and more)
Our vast range of heavy plant machinery is supplied solely by Volvo Construction Equipment (Volvo CE) so you will receive training direct from the manufacturer, as well as support from the team while working on high-end plant machinery, with state-of-the-art technology. Our team of Coordinators will schedule the work for you, so you will know in advance which customer you will be visiting and what work is required. This could be anything from 13 ton digger to a 95 ton excavator.
We ask that you:
* Hold a minimum of an NVQ Level 2 in Plant Maintenance or Land based engineering
* Have mechanical experience in construction or heavy plant machinery.
* Can work to a high standard of competence, independently.
* Hold a Full UK driving licence.
Who we are:
We are Services, Machinery and Trucks (SMT) GB and are an internationally recognised market-leading distributor of Volvo Construction Equipment. A company that sets the benchmark in its market should also have the best employees, we are dedicated to attract, inspire, grow, engage and retain talented people to be part of best-performing teams that passionately deliver results
SMTGB prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. We look forward to welcoming you to the team!
If you believe you have the skills required for this role and are interested in joining us as a PM Engineer at SMT GB then we would love to hear from you, so 'apply now