Site Engineer | Construction Contractor | Scottish Highlands
This company delivers high quality projects in the energy & renewables, utilities, infrastructure, and transportation sectors across various sites in the highlands.
Challenging projects are their speciality. They always try utilising and develop the latest techniques and practices to deliver infrastructure solutions to communities and clients, using local partners wherever possible and a focus on sustainability.
Examples of projects include substations, power stations, private developments, water mains, wastewater works, and small works.
As a Site Engineer you will be responsible for setting out the site accurately, in accordance with the design plans, to ensure that the construction work is carried out to the correct dimensions, levels and positions.
* Setting up and always maintaining site control.
* Surveying and setting out the construction site, ensuring that work is completed in accordance with project specifications.
* Conducting site surveys, including topographic surveys and geotechnical investigations, and providing accurate quantities/volumes are appropriate.
* Preparing and reviewing construction drawings, plans, and specifications, and other project documents.
* Setting up and utilisation of GPS & machine control equipment.
* Providing technical support to the site manager and other site personnel
* Coordinating with the project manager and other senior site personnel to report progress, identify problems, and propose solutions.
* Manage, supervise, monitor, and report on progress on the construction site, including identifying and resolving technical problems and issues.
* Ensuring that all work on the site is completed in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
* Conducting quality control checks to ensure that work meets project specifications and standards.
* Managing the site material and plant and ensuring that all supplies are ordered and delivered on time.
* Preparing project reports and other documentation to keep stakeholders informed of progress.
* Providing technical guidance and support to subcontractors and other personnel.
* Developing and implementing quality control processes to ensure that work meets project specifications and standards.
* Maintaining accurate records of work completed on the site, including as built surveys, QA records and other important documents.
* Coordinating with the design team to ensure that construction work is completed in accordance with the design.
* Attending in-house meetings for the project and carrying out daily briefings to the workforce as and when necessary.
* Assist site manager in the compiling and implementation of programmes and 4WLAH plans for the project and monitor progress to these plans.
* Assist with the drafting and implementation of RAMS for the site works as appropriate.
* Degree / HNC qualified (or equivalent)
* Some experience in a civil engineering / construction environment in the UK or Ireland.
* You may be required to work away from home for some projects, subsided by the company for food, travel and accomodation etc