Kloeckner Metals UK is one of the leading metal stockholders and processing suppliers in the UK. We are renowned for supplying a diverse range of ferrous and non-ferrous products. Our extensive in-house processing portfolio in combination with our expertise enables us to deliver cost efficient metal solutions and high-quality steel products.
As a pioneer of digital transformation in the steel and metal industry we continuously strive to add value to our customers by investing into digital technologies and introducing innovative eProcurement solutions.
We are passionate about sustainability and aim to transform our industry by playing an active role in building a sustainable future for our employees, customers, community and future generations.
Who are we ?
Kloeckner Metals UK | Westok are a UKCA/CE EXC-4 specialist structural steelwork contractor and designer who drives economy and sustainable design solutions into steel framed structures by providing an unrivalled range of cellular, shallow and plated beam solutions.
We are uniquely positioned in our ability to design, manufacture and fabricate Westok ribbon-cut cellular and plated beams. This enables us to drive the greatest economy into our customers' projects. Our projects range in scale from relatively small schemes to large-scale award winning projects across Britain, Ireland and further afield across a diverse range of sector.
Kloeckner Metals UK | Westok are looking to appoint a Technical Advisory Engineer for Scotland & the North of England to support our ongoing business in this important region.
Westok engineers play a significant role in the construction sector and are active with bodies such as BCSA, SCI, IStructE, ASFP, MPBA and others.
The Westok ribbon-cut cellular beam is the lightest weight, lowest embodied carbon cellbeam in the marketplace. The Kloeckner Group has ambitious SBTi approved net-zero carbon targets in place and recently launched the Nexigen Green Steel initiative backed with a new Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) certificate. Sustainability and minimising the impact our activities have on the environment is key to our business.
Based at home and/or at a regional Kloeckner Metals UK branch, we are currently recruiting for a Technical Advisory Engineer for our Westok division.
The role involves engaging with, and designing for engineers and steelwork contractors to generate Westok specifications and to manage projects across a diverse range of construction sectors in a region covering Scotland and the north of England.
The role will require frequent visits to consulting engineers, contractors and sites across the region.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced structural engineer with a desire to utilise their design and business development skills outside of mainstream consulting engineering / steelwork fabrication environment.
Knowledge and experience required:
* Degree qualified in Civil/Structural Engineering AND/OR detailed knowledge and experience of the analysis and design of structural steelwork to EC, BS and other design codes either with a consulting engineer and/or steelwork contractor
* Have a good understanding & experience of the technical, commercial and sustainability aspects of building projects from concept design through to completion on site
* Desire to utilise design and business development skills outside of mainstream consulting engineering / steelwork fabrication environment
* Have excellent oral, written and presentation skills;
* Have experience of using industry standard structural steelwork software packages, such as Tekla Structural Designer, SCIA Engineer, MasterSeries, Tekla Structures, REVIT etc
* Have knowledge of standard IT software packages (Word, Excel, Power- Point, Outlook etc)
* Have knowledge of the importance of sustainability in the construction industry
* Previous direct experience with the design or procurement of projects involving cellular and plated beams would be an advantage
* Previous experience with Westok's design software would be an advantage
* Knowledge of applications of structural steelwork outside of mainstream UK building structures such as Modular, Temporary Works, Seismic, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Naval, Water, Transport industries etc would be an advantage
Key Responsibilities Are:
* To provide technical and sustainability advice and to carry out structural design calculations for new and existing projects
* To provide technical and sustainability advice and to carry out value engineering calculations for projects where rival products/systems are already specified or under consideration
* To take ownership of, and to manage projects to completion to ensure Westok products are specified by the engineer, and/or progressed by the steelwork contractor
* To arrange and hold technical CPD seminars for engineers, architects and main contractors etc.
* To develop and engage with a network of key contacts in the industry and the region to seek out opportunities in traditional and new sectors
* To promote the Advisory Service and Westok structural solutions
The Company and Benefits:
As well as a competitive salary we also offer an attractive benefits package which include:
* Provision of full suite of IT including laptop, printer/scanner and mobile phone
* Lease Cars by Salary Sacrifice
* Contributory Pension
* Long Service Awards
* Discount cards for shops and restaurants
* Gym & Health Club discounts
* Holiday Trading
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Medicash Programme
* Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme