Senior Structural Integrity Engineer
Up to £80,000 Basic Salary
Full Time, Permanent
Are you a dynamic and highly motivated Structural Engineer seeking a unique opportunity in the Oil & Gas industry? Our UK subsidiary, operating in the Southern North Sea, is looking for a Senior Integrity Engineer to contribute to the technical management of structural integrity assurance and regulatory compliance for both onshore and offshore assets. This role requires the successful candidate to go offshore on an ad-hoc basis but will primarily be based out of their Norwich offices.
Key Responsibilities: Senior Structural Integrity Engineer
- Lead the development, review, and update of structural integrity management systems (SIMS) for onshore and offshore assets.
- Chair and facilitate regular meetings as a key member of the "Competent Body," ensuring competent management of asset integrity.
- Provide risk assessments, recommend actions, and approve requests to defer inspection and maintenance activities.
- Oversee the development and operation of risk-based inspection strategies, managing inspection cycle activities.
- Act as a focal point for Discipline Engineers, supporting line management and providing technical advice on modifications.
- Contribute to HSEx liaison for technical discussions, audits, and consents/licenses for facilities.
- Manage topsides and subsea inspection strategies, ensuring clear and concise inspection requirements.
- Control spending and promote a challenging cost culture to ensure value from suppliers and contractors.
- Support offshore assets and onshore Terminals in assessing day-to-day safety issues, providing input into isolation reviews, risk assessments, and incident investigations.
The Senior Structural Integrity Engineer should have:
- A degree (BSc or BEng) in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- Ideally, 5 years' experience as a Structural Engineer dealing with structural integrity of mature offshore fixed platforms. Equivalent experience with a passion for steelwork structures in challenging environments will be considered.
- Structural Engineering experience within the Oil & Gas sector.
- Good grounding in the application of API (RP2A), IOSO 19901's or other design codes would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills to provide timely and appropriate feedback to team members and operational personnel.
- Working towards or already have professional membership of an appropriate institute (ICE, IStructE or IMechE) and Chartered status would be advantageous.
Apply now and a member of our dedicated recruitment team will be in contact to discuss your application