Role: Technical Utility Engineer (Energy / Utilities)
Location: West Sussex
Salary: up to £40K DOE + Excellent Benefits
A leading Utility Consultancy are seeking a Technical Utility Engineer to join their groundbreaking team! You will assist the Utility Consultants in the delivery of project management services for existing (disconnections/diversions) and new utility connections for large sites. To be successful in this role you will need a technical qualification (at least HND in Engineering/Building Services), an understanding of utility drawings (AutoCAD) & utility industry experience in a similar role. If this role sounds like a good fit for you apply today!
* To support Utility Consultants in the design, co-ordination, and procurement solutions for utility infrastructure in new developments.
* Review drawings using AutoCAD detailing existing and proposed utility infrastructure.
* Develop good working relationships with Clients and their project teams.
* To manage smaller development projects both - residential and commercial
* Create initial site service strip and meter markup.
* Drafting reports on utility drawings (gas, electricity, water)
* Visit sites on a predetermined basis and undertake photo surveys.
* Deliver clear and timely briefings with support documentation to stakeholders.
* Design, plan and resolve all utility technical issues with respect to existing and proposed infrastructures.
* Visit sites as necessary, ensuring H&S Risk Assessments are carried out prior to site visits.
Skills and experience required:
* Technical expertise/experience is essential in this role
* Technical Qualification (Engineering or similar) to at least HND level
* Experience in drainage design/civil engineering or experience in the utility industry
* An understanding of multi utility drawings
* An understanding of technical and regulatory issues
* A current UK driving licence
* Have a working knowledge of AutoCAD
* Ability to produce high-quality written reports
NB - This job will involve some travelling to visit clients and going onsite