Our client specialises in the built environment and complex infrastructure. They are recognized for a large range of landmark projects, and they can offer you excellent career progression and opportunities in inspiring and challenging projects.
Our client is looking for a Senior Engineer to join their Civil Team in the London Office. This is an exciting time for our client, as they go through continual expansion, and so presents an opportunity for someone looking to further their career within a thriving engineering consultancy.
* Assist Director and Associate Director in establishing new business with new and existing clients.
* Collection, preparation, and compilation of bids and fee proposals for London office (civil).
* Assist Associate Director in compilation of London Civil monthly results reports to include invoicing, fee forecasts.
* Allocation of civil staff resources within London office to projects.
* Training and direction of London Civil staff.
* Mentoring junior colleagues within the Civil team.
* Implementing company policy.
* Implementing London marketing strategy in association with the Associate Director/ Director - Business Development.
* Implement Health and Safety policies and procedures on projects and oversee team's compliance.
* Participate in Workplace Health and Safety committee if, and when, required.
What you need to succeed…
* BEng (Hons) or MEng (Hons)
* Chartered Status with ICE or equivalent
* Minimum 8 years practical experience in preliminary design, design management, detail design, and documentation, including preparing specifications, of Civil Engineering projects including:
* Highways Geometric and Drainage design
* Flood risk assessments
* Surface water and foul sewer design
* Basement drainage systems including under slab drainage to building Regulations.
* Retention basins, attenuation tanks and other SuDS features for both design and implementation.
* Negotiating with, preparing documentation for and correspondence with and making submissions to statutory undertakers, the Highways Agency, the Environment Agency, Local Lead Flood Authorities, and other local authorities.
* Have a thorough knowledge of the following documents and be able to share that knowledge with staff under their direction:
* Design Manual for Roads and Bridges
* Specification for Highway Works
* SuDS Manual
* Sewers for Adoption
* Standard details used by local authorities.
About Strata Consulting
At Strata, we are a recruitment consultancy working in the engineering and construction industry, in placement of permanent and contract vacancies.
If this advertised position does not interest you, please consider our other opportunities by sending your updated CV outlining your achievements and your personal requisites, i.e., job roles, location, salary to us. We also operate a referral scheme, of which further details can be found on our website (search "Strata Construction Consulting").
Due to the sheer volume of applications, we receive, we will only contact successful applications.
Therefore, if you have not heard from us within 10 working days, please deem your application as unsuccessful. Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK