Graduate Structural Engineer
Head office- Battersea
We are looking to hire talented structural engineers, recently graduated or at an early stage in their career. If you have strong technical skills, (knowledge of seismic design is beneficial), and would like to design and deliver challenging projects around the world, please contact our recruitment team.
* To participate in the design process of structural engineering activities relating to the project
* To perform design and analysis of structural systems for all building types through all design stages to major international building codes
* To prepare and develop calculations, reports, structural drawings, specifications and other documents relating to the design as a member of the project team.
* To contribute to the Practice's overall objective in producing first-class architecture and engineering designs on time and on budget
* To liaise with members of the external project teams and other associated organisations or companies as required
* To seek, and record evidence of, continuing professional development (CPD) in accordance with the requirements of the relevant professional institution
* To have thorough knowledge of and comply with Foster + Partners procedures and standards
* To contribute, or otherwise assist, as required by the Project Leader, Partner or Senior Partner
Qualities and skills required
* An undergraduate degree of at least 4 years duration and a postgraduate degree at the MSc level or above in structural engineering
* Working towards a professional qualification or professional status
* Excellent technical and design skills
* Strong written, verbal and graphical communication skills
* A flexible and open attitude towards new ways of working and commitment to independent, lifelong learning
* Ability to manage sensitive and sometimes confidential information
* Results-driven, resourceful, self-motivated and willing to take responsibility
* Good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of an effective team
* Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines effectively
In return we offer a competitive basic salary and generous benefits package which includes 25 days holiday (exc bank holidays), Cycle to Work Scheme, Pension, discretionary annual bonus, and more!
If you wish to be considered, please apply with an up to date CV