Our client is a leading firm of consulting engineers providing structural, civil, geotechnical, land quality, environmental and transportation engineering design services, throughout the UK and overseas.
* Work as part of a team and report to a Partner or Associate on a daily and weekly basis.
* Work on a variety of Civil Engineering projects.
* Assist in the risk assessment of design in accordance with CDM Regulations, and the production of project specifications and method statements.
* Assume responsibility for the design of elements of medium and large projects reporting to a Senior Engineer or Associate.
* Be conversant with the practice Quality Management System and ensure document control of the elements/projects undertaken is maintained.
* Agree with the Associate and work to such timescales agreed to produce design information.
* Attend meetings, lead on civil aspects, undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of civil works and prepare reports or sections thereof.
* Preparing Designs, reports, and specifications for a diverse mixture of Civil Engineering and Infrastructure projects covering residential, retail, commercial and industrial sectors.
* Liaise with team and other disciplines.
* Ensure timesheets and expenses are updated within Rapport on a minimum weekly basis.
What you need to succeed:
* BEng, MEng, or MSc in Civil Engineering preferred.
* Working towards chartership status.
* Flexible, enthusiastic, motivated team player.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Able to demonstrate creativity and innovation in design of civil engineering solutions across highways and drainage design in accordance with all relevant Codes of Practice.
* Significant knowledge and experience of the principles and application of all relevant regulations and guidance including, but not limited to the most up-to-date versions of Manual for Streets, Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, Sewers for Adoption.
* Knowledge and experience of the application of the CDM Regulations.
* Ability to plan and manage personal and team effectiveness. Be competent and confident in giving presentations internally and to clients and co- professionals on a project and general level.
* Commercial awareness and understanding of the professional risks carried by the practice and the actions necessary to satisfy the terms of our appointments, warranties, and insurances.
* You should possess a good working knowledge of relevant current codes of practice, regulations, and industry guidance.
* Experience in WinDes, Autodesk Civils 3D, NBS, Rapport and Report Writing