CIVIL DESIGN ENGINEER
Our Civil Design Team is growing again, due to project wins and we are currently recruiting for a Civil Design Engineer to work be a valued part of our professional design team in Southampton. Drawing together inputs from our electrical and mechanical teams, the Civil Design Engineer will produce original designs for structural or civil infrastructure, including design and detail of temporary works within clean & dirty water and other sectors.
* Liaison with clients to understand their specific requirements
* Preparation of outline designs for tenders within short timescales
* Preparation of clear and well-structured design calculations and reports
* Provision of support and design proposals to site teams from pre-construction to construction phase
* Proven ability to undertake civil design to current codes and standards
* Thorough knowledge of safety legislation relating to CDM regulations
* Hydraulic Design Experience
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to provide innovative solutions that add value
* IT literate, must be a proficient user of Microsoft packages, understanding of AutoCAD
HND/BEng Civil Engineering or Civil Structural Engineering OR by experience
Chartered status would be beneficial but not essential
Trant Engineering has a long history of engineering and construction excellence, delivering high quality EPC engineering and construction services throughout the UK and overseas. We successfully design & deliver complex engineering projects in sectors such as Process & Water, Energy, Defence, Oil & Gas and Nuclear.
We offer clients a range of services including design, manufacturing, installation, construction and commissioning. Our in-house design and offsite manufacturing teams' work closely to develop technology-based solutions with a strong focus on innovation and value engineering.
Our in-house multi-disciplinary services include civil, process, mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, control and automation, supplemented by the design and manufacture of Control Panels, MCC's, PLC's, SCADA and automation systems. We also provide a range of bespoke modular and containerised water & wastewater treatment and fuel conditioning systems.
We have over 750 employees and with a healthy forward order book with a projected turnover of
£180m this year, it is an exciting time to join a business where you can reach your full potential and develop your career.
At Trant, we offer the opportunity for career development within a professional and friendly safe working environment. We value our employee's and strongly support and encourage individuals to gain professional qualifications, whilst offering the opportunity to work on projects of differing sizes within a variety of industry sectors.
Our company benefits package includes;
* Competitive salary
* Company car or car allowance
* 24 days holiday (increasing with service) + 8 bank holidays
* Company Pension Scheme
* Flexible Working (based on a core-hours system)
* Free onsite parking
* Employee Assistant Program
* Bike to Work Scheme
Trant Engineering Limited is committed to equal opportunities for all and we do not discriminate on the grounds of race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, gender, disability or age.
*Please note, due to the volume of applications we are not always able to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion