Chief Environmental Engineer
Key Skills: Chief Environmental Engineer, Environmental Engineer
Contract: Permanent / Staff
Salary / Package: Competitive salary, holidays, pension, car allowance, private medical insurance, short term incentive bonus, life insurance.
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Emilie Marshall
Key words: Chief Environmental Engineer, Oil & Gas, Low Carbon, Offshore Wind, Onshore Projects.
As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Chief Environmental Engineer, to work on onshore projects across a number of markets (Oil & Gas, Low Carbon, Offshore wind) to join our office in Aberdeen.
What can we offer you:
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry. Competitive salary and numerous company benefits.
We are looking for a Chief Environmental Engineer to form the core of a newly created environmental team within our business, who will work primarily on supporting onshore projects through their complex planning and consenting process, and offshore projects as required supporting clients across the UK, providing environmental engineering expertise.
Initially, the role holder will act as an ‘intelligent buyer' for environmental services, procuring and managing a small portfolio of sub-contract partners, however the short-medium term vision is to deliver most of the services internally with a small team of specialists in planning, consenting and environmental management.
Key Responsibilities and background:
* To represent the environmental strategy and capability to clients, where needed.
* Bidding and delivering environmental scopes, either as standalone scopes or as part of the wider engineering projects primarily in the UK.
* Interacting with clients to deliver scopes in line with client expectations and our own budget commitments.
* Managing the company sub-contract supply chain for environmental engineering - with support from our commercial specialists.
* Define, build and manage the internal environmental team to meet our project requirements.
* Support the development of environmental reputation through external engagement and social media with suitable thought-leadership materials.
* To coordinate and knowledge share with existing environmental capability in the company e.g. the team based in Saudi Arabia.
* Maintain the highest levels of safety and integrity performance in line with company values.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
* Degree in a relevant science, engineering, or environmental subject.
* Chartered Engineer status is preferred but not essential.
* Knowledge of UK environmental legislation and standards and aware of overseas regimes where necessary to support the company.
* Extensive environmental experience on energy projects in the UK.
* Able to work to tight deadlines.
* Excellent written skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent coordination, monitoring, and supervisory skills.
* Pro-active approach.
* Team player.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes', but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Emilie Marshall