Senior Structural Engineer
Be Challenged With us, your preconceptions will be tested, your resilience built, and your career enriched.
Our client is seeking a Contract Senior Structural Engineer to join our Building Environments team in our London office.
Suited to a candidate from a Buildings background looking for an opportunity to pursue industry leading designs within a vibrant multi-disciplinary practice. Our client has won five 2021 CIBSE Building Performance Award
What sort of projects could I work on?
This role will see you working as part of the Bath-based structural engineering team focussing on a diverse portfolio of projects in the UK and around the world. This is a technically demanding role and we are ideally looking for creative candidates with an interest/aptitude in computational techniques as well as being interested in being at the forefront of changes in the industry such as in reducing embodied carbon and modern methods of construction in structural design.
The role of a Senior Structural Engineer can be very varied, duties will include but are not limited to:
• Working independently and as part of a team to offer creative solutions.
• Supporting the team with calculations, models, reports, and presentations to an excellent standard, on time and to
• Share your work for review by senior colleagues and review the work of others for quality assurance.
• Create an atmosphere of delivering excellent work encouraging others to do the same.
• Collaborate with external clients and harness opportunities to engage other internal discipline designers.
• Informing colleagues of design decisions to ensure the objectives of the company and the client are achieved.
• Contribute to internal technical development and research.
• Maintaining your continued professional development.
• Actively maintaining an external and internal network
Skills and Experience
• Building structures design experience.
• Experience as a structural engineer on major projects.
• Design knowledge, from working on a wide range of projects and using British, US and European codes of practice.
• Experience using common analysis software (including or similar to CSC Fastrak, TEDDS, ROBOT, ETABS and SAFE,)
and willing to quickly learn to use new analysis packages as required.
• Experience using common BIM and modelling software (including or similar to Revit, Rhino, and Grasshopper) and
willing quickly learn to use new packages as required.
• A Bachelor's degree BEng / BSc or Master's degree MEng / MSc in a relevant discipline.
• Able to show substantial progress towards Chartership and continual professional development.
• A willingness to be an active part of an inclusive and fun-filled team, respecting others and supporting your colleagues.
Described by our clients as 'passionate', 'innovative', 'collaborative': Our client is an independent, international engineering practice that for over 40 years has become synonymous with the delivery of creative, value led building and city solutions for an ever changing world. Having worked on every continent, our clients include more than 90% of the world's leading architectural practices and we have collaborated with global organisations. Through our global community of driven, world leading engineering and consulting professionals we deliver elegant solutions for buildings and cities that seek to address the major problems facing societies today
6 month contract with potential for the right candidate to go permanent.
For more information, please call Ann-Marie at Carrington West on (phone number removed)