About The Role
PD&MS Group have a great opportunity for a Senior Construction Engineer to join our progressive construction team based in Aberdeen on a full-time, long-term basis.
The Senior Construction Engineer is responsible for the construction input to all projects, in conjunction with engineering disciplines, while working closely with Work Pack Engineers and Construction Co-ordinator to ensure onshore design is implemented offshore, when necessary managing offshore execution of construction scope
The Senior Construction Engineer is required to work as part of the PD&MS construction team on a specific client contract. The SCE will be required to work onshore, and will report into the contract construction manager and be responsible for the management/coordination of construction coordinators.
- Assist Construction Manager with allocation of resources
- Checking of workpacks of engineered items and services
- Direction and supervision of Construction Engineers
- Review of scope of work upon receipt from client in order to understand and provide details to project team on specific construction requirements potentially associated with scope
- Early engagement with engineering disciplines upon receipt of scope of work to ensure alignment with engineering proposal during estimating stage
- Completion of onshore and offshore construction estimates against scopes of work
- Carry out offshore surveys where necessary to understand construction constraints
- Input to and challenge engineering solution at early stage to ensure constructability is incorporated within the design
- Determine and request resource levels and allocation
- Form close working relationship with Work Pack Engineers and construction co-ordinators
- Undertake offshore inductions with new contractors
- Represent construction discipline at project progress and planning meetings
- Input to all planning/progress reports to accurately demonstrate how onshore construction are performing against budget and schedule
- Delivering onshore construction deliverables in line with the project schedule
- Co-ordination/attendance at project constructability meetings
The successful candidate would ideally have completed aTime Served / Modern Apprenticeship approved by City & Guilds or HNC or recognised technical qualification approved by an appropriate awarding body withIOSH Managing Safely in the Engineering Construction Industry (SMTD Module 4) certificate (to be completed within the first 3 months if not held).
Significant, demonstrable experience working offshore in an engineering, construction engineering or maintenance environment along with experience in managing and developing others is essential for this position.
Suitable candidates must be competent using MS Office applications, have excellent written and spoken English and must hold the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
About UsOur Company delivers small, medium and large sized brownfield engineering and construction projects to both onshore and offshore facilities within the UKCS, and beyond.
In addition to our Oil & Gas delivery stream we are leading the way in the Low Carbon Energy Sector, as well as providing opportunities in Energy Transition and Cleantech sectors.
We strongly believe in our core values, the PD&MS GENES, which defines who we are and what we do on a daily basis, the way we deliver and what our company stands for. Each Gene is underpinned by our safety message without compromise to safety or quality, safety and quality do not stand alone as company values because they are integrated into everything we do.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value inclusion and diversity. We welcome applications from all persons regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran or disability status.