This programme has been designed to support people who have had a career break or are trying to transfer their skills in to a new sector or one they used to work in. We know that any gap in work experience or a move away from a sector or skill set makes it very hard to return or join through standard recruitment channels.
The roles in this programme tend to run on a 12 week work placement with a view to securing a permanent role at the end of that period.
As a candidate working with STEM Returners you have access to free CV writing and Interview coaching and if you are successful in securing the role you'll get access to a coaching and mentoring programme to help you thrive in the role. Skills & Experience
- Geotechnical design to Eurocodes
- Interpretation of ground investigation data
- Checking of junior staffs work
- Ideally Chartered, or very close
What the Returning Professional will be getting involved with their first 12 weeks and beyond
- Degree in Civil Engineering, or Engineering Geology
Location & Working Pattern
- It will be working on geotechnical design for one of our schemes. Currently we have schemes involving water and sewage treatment works, flood defences, dams and reservoirs, carbon capture, legacy metal mining and ports. Work will encompass desk studies, ground investigation specifications, interpretative reporting, design and site supervision. As a senior engineer they will also be expected to check others work, and to provide support to junior staff.
- Glasgow or remote working with willingness to travel to a Binnies site on occasion.
- Flexible working pattern with 9 day fortnight.