We are currently seeking applications from experienced Senior Marine Structural Design Engineers
or Naval Architects to join our esteemed engineering client based in Fife, Scotland. This is a contracting role (inside IR35), offering a competitive rate. The ideal candidate will play a pivotal role in the development of marine and structural engineering systems on marine platforms. This is a hybrid working role. Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications Required for the Senior Marine Structural Design Engineer:
- Prepare and review marine and structural designs through calculations, simulations, commissioning, and diagnostic test support.
- Lead product development throughout the design lifecycle.
- Provide technical support for customers, ensuring effective delivery of engineering outputs.
- Offer solutions to manufacturing and installation issues, assisting in the resolution of technical and production queries.
- Produce, approve, and authorize technical reports and other documentation.
- Ensure implementation of health, safety, and environmental requirements.
- Assist in maintaining and improving quantity standards of outputs.
- Provide mentoring support to less experienced team members for their effective working and professional development.
- Ideally degree-qualified, but HND/HNC level qualification in an engineering discipline with extensive relevant experience will be considered.
- Membership in a relevant institution (e.g., RINA, IET, IMechE, IMarEst, etc.) and holding Chartered status.
- Either already UK Security cleared or able to achieve UK SC clearance.
- While not essential, experience in defense-related design, analytical software, ship building, operation and/or maintenance, and leadership in an engineering environment would be advantageous.
For more details on the Senior Marine Structural Engineering role, please visit our website. To apply, please submit your CV or apply through our website. Join us in shaping the future of marine engineering!