SSE has big ambitions to be a leading energy company in a low carbon world. Following our commitment to invest £20.5 billion in low carbon projects to 2027, we have significant growth plans and are well on our way to achieving our ambition to build a world that's more sustainable and inclusive for you, your family, the community you live in and for generations to come. We are proud to be playing a critical role in the net zero transition, as we aim to more than treble the net capacity in operation to 13GW and grow renewable energy output five-fold to over 50TWh over the next 10 years.
Join us on our journey to net zero and help us power change.
About the Role
Base Location: Flexible, however our preference is that you will be based in one of our key UK sites, which includes but is not limited to:- Glasgow, Perth, Aberdeen, Inverness, Reading or Havant.
Salary: £45,400 - £68,200 depending on experience + performance-related bonus and a range of other benefits to support your family, finances and wellbeing.
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time | Flexible First options available
What is the Role?
As Asset Integrity Engineer, you'll provide embedded engineering support to the Offshore Wind teams to ensure assets are managed safely and effectively for both routine maintenance and defect resolution activities.
Key accountabilities may include:
- Managing the blade inspection and repair campaign, including categorization of defects.
- Detecting and planning of Major Component exchange campaign and implementing 'End of Warranty management procedure for any blade defects.
- Building and documenting a knowledge base of technical information to assist with engineering problem solving and provide key input in system and major component fault analysis and rectification.
- Implementing corporate standards, providing field support, and ensuring compliance across the fleet.
- Engaging effectively with internal and external multiple stakeholders to ensure that the business can operate to the highest standards of safety and technical performance.
- Planning and Technical Project Management of work packages will be a major requirement of the role.
What do I need?
To be considered for this role, we would love you to have:
- A minimum qualification of HND level in an engineering subject with relevant experience in wind turbine, major components, or rotational plant.
- Experience of technical support delivery including management of refurbishment activities for major components including root cause analysis.
- Competency in discussing machinery safety legislation and implementation of such through recognised safe systems of work.
- High level of competency in using IT systems and platforms such as Power BI, Power Automate, Python etc with capability in writing procedures and technical reports concisely and to a high standard.
- Understanding and ability to interpret and conduct data acquisition and analysis.
What's in it for you?
We offer an excellent package with 34 days annual leave entitlement. Enhanced maternity/paternity leave, discounted healthcare, salary sacrifice car leasing and much more, view our full benefits package on our careers site.
As an equal opportunity employer we encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We encourage applicants from all protected characteristics and commit to providing any reasonable adjustments you need during the application, assessment and upon joining SSE. Search for 'Inclusion & Diversity at SSE' to find out more.
What happens now?
All applications should be made online, and I'll be back in touch after the vacancy closing date to let you know the outcome.
If you would like to discuss any working flexibly requirements or adjustments you may require throughout the recruitment and selection process, please contact Andy on 01738 275847.
Before commencing your role with SSE, you'll need to complete our pre-employment screening process. This will consist of a criminality and credit check.