We are working currently working with a leading national contracting group, responsible for delivering some of the region's most high-profile infrastructure projects.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their team delivering the infrastructure and enabling work on a major commercial project based in South Wales.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to progress your career with a leading contracting group, that offers exposure to high-profile projects, and career development.
* Manage all costs for infrastructure projects with experience in identifying commercial risks and opportunities with respect of their works
* Provide support to senior members of the team in delivering varied commercial duties including responsibility for procuring and managing the supply chain
* Optimise commercial performance through diligent cost control and value-for-money opportunities, whilst achieving the required standards and quality for our customers
* Assist with commercial relationships to both internal and external stakeholders.
* Provide support and adherence for the Gated Business Lifecycle process.
* Collation of cost and value information
* Measurement of works and agreements with subcontractors.
* Measure, record & value work unsupervised by appropriate rules and procedures
* Measure & interpret specifications & drawings.
* Build up estimates from first principle including net and gross estimates.
* Translate measurements from drawings and Specifications and prepare Bills of Quantities and Schedules of rates.
* Review weekly, monthly, and section programmes of works and understand of delay and disruption programmes.
* Plan commercial activities to meet the requirements of section programmes.
* Preparation of Cost reconciliation statements
* Collect information required to specify procurement requirements.
* BSc or MSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent experience
* An organised, innovative, and creative Quantity Surveyor with experience of working on Projects.
* Previous experience of managing costs and maximizing value
* Experience of financial and commercial control within a project
* Experience of procuring and managing supply chain