New York City Metro Area established residential builder/developer has an exciting paid internship opportunity for a Construction Intern. Candidate will assist in carrying out essential field duties pertaining to the construction or rehab of residential buildings. The position is located at jobsite in Manhattan, Bronx, Brooklyn, Larchmont in New York or Newark, NJ.
L+M offers a comprehensive intern program. During the ten-week program, interns will gain exposure to the jobsite, means and methods of construction, tour several jobsites, attend a lunch with company leaders, and make a presentation on lessons learned to senior management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist project team onsite as directed.
- Assist with verifying and tracking field work and preparing material take-offs for project purchasing purposes.
- Assist with logging contract documents (e.g. RFIs, submittals, as-built documents or current drawings, change orders, warrantees, etc.).
- Assist in preparing bid packages, work scopes and bid lists.
- Assist with tacking punchlist items and performing closeout activities.
- Task oriented position, requiring ability to meet deadlines and multi-task while being detail oriented and organized.
- Willingness to utilize software such as Procore, Bluebeam, and MS Office.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Pursuing undergraduate college degree.
- Engineering or Construction Management is recommended.
- Familiarity with construction terminology is useful.
- Ability to read drawings and specifications is helpful.
Since its inception in 1984, L+M Development Partners, Inc. has been an innovator in developing quality affordable, mixed-income and market rate housing, while improving the neighborhoods in which it works.
L+M is a double bottom line company, where its success is measured not only in financial returns but also by the positive impact it makes. L+M takes pride in its long-standing dedication to the communities it serves, demonstrated through an annual scholarship fund, job training programs, after-school programs, and substantial support for local nonprofits.
A full-service firm, L+M works from conception to completion, handling development, investment, construction and management with creativity that leads the industry. L+M is responsible for more than $7 billion in development, construction and investment, and has acquired, built or preserved more than 25,000 high-quality residential units in New York’s Tri-state area, the West Coast and Gulf Coast regions. Community leaders, government officials and institutional investor organizations turn to L+M because of its consistent track record of excellence.
L+M an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.