Asset Management Program Manager
Operations and Policy Analyst 4 – Asset Management Program Manager
Oregon Department of Transportation
Delivery and Operations Division – Engineering and Technical Services Branch
Asset Management Program Office
Are you a skilled communicator with a passion for public service? We are recruiting for a dynamic program management professional to join our team in Oregon’s capital city! As a senior strategist and policy advisor to our management teams, you will formulate and manage our agency strategy and policy for asset management. In this role, you will also provide statewide asset management leadership and approach by focusing on the relationship between people, process, data and the technology that enables them. Apply today!
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce as we endeavor to best serve Oregonians from every background. ODOT values diversity and inclusion because they are good for Oregon. We believe that by welcoming differences, encouraging new ideas and views, listening to and learning from each other, and providing opportunities for professional enrichment we are better able to serve those around us. We thank you for considering this employment opportunity.
A day in the life:
- Drive policy and institutionalize asset management best practices.
- Create and implement a long-term asset management strategy.
- Develop, communicate and collaborate on agency strategic planning, goals and priorities.
- Develop and lead critical program governance structure including various committees and advisory teams.
- Review proposed state and federal legislation and rule making related to asset management.
- Analyze policy issues and develop and implement proposals, policies and strategies to address issues.
- Plan, organize and direct projects and change initiatives involving multidisciplinary teams, consultants, managers, internal and external partners.
- Lead the updates of the Transportation Asset Management Plan.
- Lead the development of an asset management strategic plan in coordination with the agency to address gaps in performance and further our asset management capabilities.
- Coordinate with executive management to secure funding for asset management initiatives.
- Lead the development of a communication plan.
- Manage the budgeting and expenditures of the biennial and fiscal year program budgets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and follow contracting guidelines to develop contractor statement of work, scope of work and other contracting documents.
- Work is performed in a typical office environment with occasional statewide and overnight travel required.
- Occasionally required to work long hours.
- Click here to view the position description, including the full list of duties and working conditions.
What’s in it for you:
- Rewarding work in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Colleagues who are passionate about public service.
- Work/life balance and 10 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules and competitive benefits packages. Click here to visit our full benefits website.
- Multi-modal ride sharing! Get There is Oregon’s easy-to-use carpool matching tool and trip planner that will get you where you need to go.
- Live, work and play in Salem, Oregon!
What we need:
A bachelor’s degree in business or public administration, behavioral or social sciences, finance, political science or any degree demonstrating the capacity for the knowledge and skills; and five (5) years professional-level evaluative, analytical and planning work related to public works project or program management.
Any combination of experience and education equivalent to eight (8) years of professional-level experience related to public works project or program management.
What we’d like to see:
If you have these qualities, let us know! It’s how we will choose whom to move forward!
- High level of understanding of public works project/program design, construction and maintenance activities.
- Skilled in bringing together diverse or opposing groups and working through different and sometimes antagonistic viewpoints to arrive at mutually acceptable solutions.
- Experience in communicating verbally and in writing and operating with executives, managers, supervisors across all levels and functions of an organization.
- Knowledge and experience with asset management and application of project and portfolio governance approaches at the organizational level.
- Experience in developing and executing program strategies, plans and initiatives, process development, documentation and training, organizational change management and contract administration.
Learn more and apply!
This recruitment closes at 11:59 p.m. on July 6, 2020.
Click here to learn more and to apply! Please note that we can only accept applications and/or resumes through our website.
For questions about the job announcement or online application, please call 503-986-7146 or email odotrecruitmentEM@odot.state.or.us.
ODOT is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer