Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an opportunity available for a Planner to support construction projects at the Columbus Air Force Base, located in Mississippi.
The Planner will support the Base Civil Engineer Office for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) as an owners’ representative. This individual will provide planning support on a variety of current and upcoming projects and programs at the Columbus, MI Air Force Base. The planner will work closely with USACE staff, estimators, architects and engineers, base personnel, and other stakeholders to conduct site / facility surveys to gather and assess needs and information, and support requirements definition and programming for a variety of programs such as O&M, MILCON, non - appropriated fund (NAF), etc. Actions will include validating requirements using Sustainment Management systems (SMS) and AFI's, applying asset management principles, performing economic analysis, and coordinating with the installation facilities board. The planner will use their understanding and application of standard engineering theories and practices to provide analysis and prioritization recommendations on multiple projects and programs within various funding budgets
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a program and project planner encompassing multiple complex projects
- Experience planning and programming for programs such as O&M, MILCON, and non - appropriated fund (NAF). Knowledge of federal funding and budgeting or demonstrated experience optimizing program funding is desired
- Experience conducting facility surveys, construction project requirements definition, and stakeholder facilitation
- Experience validating requirements using various methods (e.g., Sustainment Management systems (SMS) and AFI's, apply asset management principles, perform economic analysis), and coordinate with multiple stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of construction means and methods, codes and standards, and safety regulations
- Experience on projects in Mississippi or the surrounding region
- Experience on USACE or Air Force contracts
- Must be a US Citizen, this position requires the successful applicant to be a U.S. Citizen
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non - exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.