Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an opportunity available for a Cost Estimator to support construction projects at the Columbus Air Force Base located in Mississippi.
The Cost Estimator will support the Base Civil Engineer Office for the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) as an owners’ representative. This individual is anticipated to provide estimating support on a variety of current and upcoming projects and programs at the Columbus, MI Air Force Base. The cost estimator will work closely with USACE staff, planners, architects and engineers, base personnel, and other stakeholders to deliver detailed cost estimates and evaluate contractor proposals to accomplish overall project and program goals. The work requires the ability to prepare, assemble, manage, and defend cost estimates for projects from the contractor's viewpoint using careful professional analysis and comprehensive evaluation of numerous factors under various and complicating circumstances. The cost estimator may be required to prepare estimates to support conceptual planning, budget and programming, proposal evaluation, and / or change request reviews.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as a construction project estimator on large complex projects
- Prepare estimates using MII, PACES, and Excel using cost data provided by R.S. Means and other available databases
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Experience reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Knowledge of construction means and methods, codes and standards, and safety regulations
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience on USACE or Air Force contracts
- Experience on projects in Mississippi or the surrounding region
- Must be a US Citizen, this position requires the successful applicant to be a U.S. Citizen
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non - exhaustive list): race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.