Utilities Construction Manager
|Bellevue Utilities provides future focused, valued, and sustainable utility services to the community, for current and future generations. Our mission is to actively support public health and safety, quality neighborhoods, a healthy and sustainable environment and economy by effectively managing drinking water, wastewater, storm and surface water, and solid waste.
We have an exciting opportunity for you to utilize your knowledge and abilities to support the delivery of the Utilities Capital Improvement Program (CIP) as the Construction Services Manager for the Utilities Department. This key management position in the Engineering Division is responsible for leading and managing the construction phase of both public and private infrastructure projects for the drinking water, wastewater and stormwater utilities. This position is an integral member of the Utilities Engineering Division team, working collaboratively to build our infrastructure with quality and efficiency.
At the City of Bellevue, we are committed to providing exceptional customer service, upholding the public interest and contributing to meeting the community’s vision. Our people bring unique skills and qualities to the table, embrace the values of integrity, accountability and commitment to service, and take pride in the work we do. You’ll work in an environment where innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement is highly encouraged and supported. Also, our motto is “Bellevue Welcomes the World, Our diversity is Our Strength”, and that’s what makes the City of Bellevue an exciting place to work, live and explore.
|ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
|The mission of the Construction Services Section, Engineering Division is to provide construction management and inspection services for both public and private capital improvement projects to build public and private drinking water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure projects with high quality and efficiency for the City of Bellevue. Under limited supervision, this manager oversees and directs section staff, manages program and work unit budgets, and manages the development and implementation of professional services and construction contracts. This position collaborates closely with other managers and staff within the Engineering Division and across other City departments and divisions, serves as a community and project liaison, provides complex technical engineering support, facilitates resolution of difficult technical and policy issues with other city staff, consultants, contractors, businesses, private utilities, developers, other agencies, and community members.
More specifically this position:
Education and Experience Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university in civil engineering, construction management or a related technical field, and
- Five or more years of progressively responsible experience in municipal public works construction inspection and construction contract management including at least two years of supervisory experience, and
- Seven years of experience in water, sewer and/or stormwater engineering management;
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
- Registration as a Professional Civil Engineer in the State of Washington, or ability to obtain license via reciprocity.
- Valid Washington State Driver’s License
- Ability to pass a criminal background investigation