The Kachele Group, a consulting structural engineering firm, is in need of a structural engineer for their Malvern, Pennsylvania office. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with two or more years of experience who will be interested in and capable of working on the following project types: single family homes, institutional buildings, multi-family housing, small commercial, and restoration projects. Experience or knowledge in the structural design using steel, concrete, masonry, and wood is required. A working understanding of the ICC Building Codes as well as the design codes associated with the materials listed above is required.
The primary responsibilities will include:
- Completing analysis and design of the structural systems (gravity and lateral) for the building frame and foundations of projects.
- Communicating with clients, contractors, and colleagues to ensure the expectations of all team members are met.
- Preparing construction documents.
- Bachelor of Architectural Engineering (structural focus) or Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a building structures focus.
- E.I.T. is required, P.E. is a plus.
- Two or more years of similar experience.
- Working knowledge of Risa, Enercalc, AutoCad, and the Microsoft Office Suite.