Why join us?
Barge Design Solutions, Inc. is an engineering and architecture services firm consistently ranked in the top 500 engineering firms in the United States. We have been in business for over 60 years and offer a range of architecture and engineering services to diverse market sectors which include industrial, municipal, commercial, and government clients.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company’s core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate – Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic – Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible – We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence – We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service – We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
What We're Looking For
Barge Design Solutions is currently seeking a Project Manager for civil site/land development projects in the Site Solutions business unit in our Knoxville, TN location.
- Business development and project management including developing proposals, providing project design, negotiating contracts, and attending meetings during all phases of the project.
Develops contracts including subcontracts to comply with Barge terms.
Prepares comprehensive Project Management Plans and tracks project budgets, contracts, billing, and schedules.
Ensures Quality Program implementation and execution.
Reviews project reports and findings. Makes modifications to project as needed.
Creates conceptual site plans and designs, provides technical engineering guidance, and resolves project problems, challenges, and obstacles.
Acts as primary agent between client and project team developing the project scope and proposals, coordinating events, leading client meetings & internal project meetings, and delivery of final project to client.
On occasion may function as an engineering technical lead on projects.
Meets profitability goals in support of Barge’s business and strategic plan
Mentors others and builds employee capabilities
Develops and maintains positive relationships with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
Sets and example of our core values in daily actions and promotes a positive workplace culture
Performs other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited program
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience with civil site/land development/project management
- PE registration
- Strong design and technical credibility
- Excellent oral, written and graphical communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage concurrent projects and deadlines
- Strong teambuilding and collaboration skills