Civil Engineer EIT - Land Development
MacKay Sposito is seeking a full time Civil Engineer to join our Land Development team. Preferred project experience in land development and public road design, including street, water and sewer system design, road plan and profiles, as well as, storm drainage design.
Keys to Success:
- Ability to understand and resolve engineering problems and adapt approved engineering methods and standards
- Reviews and interpret plans, site layouts, specifications or construction methods to ensure compliance to legal requirements and safety regulations.
- Meets deadlines, communicate and work closely in a team environment, and execute complex engineering activities reliably.
- Prepares engineering designs and specifications on assigned portions of a project accurately and in a timely manner.
- Prepare cost estimates with quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or time and cost of labor to determine project feasibility or bond quantity amounts.
- Provide analytical assessment of complex engineering data such as, design agreements, design calculations, preliminary specifications, and other technical data.
- Ability to build and maintain professional co-worker, client, and community relationships.
What You’ll Gain From Working Here:
Employees of MacKay Sposito are united by our drive for excellence, our passion for innovation, and the responsibility we take for our clients’ success. We also like to sprinkle in a bit of fun. This combination makes MacKay Sposito an enjoyable and rewarding place to work.
At MacKay Sposito, we’re serious about our work, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We have a unique and diverse mix of employees who enjoy each other’s company. In addition to having first-rate technical skills, we search out people who are friendly, honest and dedicated to their work.
We believe firmly in the principle of constructive candor – always telling the client everything they need to know to make fully informed decisions. By creating a positive, committed and supportive environment, we’re able to challenge our people to be the best that they can be, and to celebrate every success.
About MacKay Sposito:
Providing consultation services to energy, public works and land development clients, MacKay Sposito’s expertise spans civil engineering, construction management and inspection, land survey, planning and project management, and landscape architecture for both public and private sector.
Whether connecting public and private sectors, helping our clients put together a complex mixed-use masterplan development, getting power to a remote rural outpost, or improving a city’s facilities, MacKay Sposito is all about building lasting relationships and strong communities. At our core, we’re committed to honesty, dedication and relationships. These pillars make up the foundation of how we treat our people, and ultimately our clients.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Employment requires passing pre-employment background check and drug screening. As a federal Contractor we also utilize E-Verify.
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree with major coursework in civil engineering, public works, or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent in work experience
- Preferred 2+ years of experience in Civil Engineering or related; land development experience is required.
- EIT certification preferred
- Aptitude and demonstrated hands-on experience with computer applications in Civil Engineering in AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Excellent computer, writing, communication and customer service skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must be able to walk, lift, carry, stoop, bend, twist and work in the outdoors on uneven surfaces routinely (no more than 20 pounds).