Job Title: Associate Engineer
Come join our team at Bellingham Marine Engineering: We're a growing office that values hard work, competence and initiative. We're looking for registered Professional Engineers experienced in the design of floating and fixed marine structures. Real world experience in engineering and construction is valued and considered essential to this position. Our skilled team has designed numerous award-winning marine structures and we're looking to add even more strength to the group. We provide our employees with competitive compensation, advancement opportunities, a comprehensive benefit program and a healthy work / life balance. Our goal is to empower our employees with the resources and incentives to enjoy success on and off the job.
The Company: Bellingham Marine is the industry leader in the design and construction of floating marinas and associated marine structures. Over the last 60 years, we have a strong history of innovation including the first commercially produced floating concrete marina docks, the first floating golf green and most recently one of the first curved, post-tensioned concrete floating docks. We value our role as the quality and innovation leaders in our industry. We have production plants around the world and much of the engineering for our products is developed in our engineering office in Bellingham, WA.
The Position: As a Structural Engineer, you will provide structural design and analysis of floating and fixed marine structures, evaluate project sites to determine environmental loads, establish and maintain strong working relationships with clients, and interact directly with the production / manufacturing departments of Bellingham Marine to develop practical, high quality products and solutions for the marina industry. Successful candidates will be required to complete an administrative background screen as part of the onboarding process.
The Location: We're located in beautiful Bellingham WA, with easy access to the natural wonders of the Salish Sea as well as the Cascade mountains and the numerous rivers. From sailing or sea kayaking to skiing, snowboarding or mountain biking, there are endless outdoor activities within easy reach. Bellingham is located between Seattle and Vancouver BC and hosts Western Washington University as well as many entrepreneurial start-ups. This makes for a vibrant community that values our quality of life, with year-round recreation, excellent schools, short commutes, and established arts and entertainment venues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate project sites for feasibility and to establish project design criteria.
- Review project plans and specifications to verify stated criteria is consistent with actual site conditions.
- Provide structural design and analysis.
- Develop project timelines and work within project deadlines.
- Provide ongoing monitoring of project progress and report progress to clients as agreed upon.
- Work with Bellingham Marine colleagues to maintain project continuity and integrity.
- Prepare and submit written reports as needed.
- Update job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging structural engineering technologies and practices.
- Maintain technical proficiency and participate in continuing education opportunities offered.
- Other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of engineering principles
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office, engineering software, CAD software
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor of Science in Civil or Coastal Engineering with structural concentration. Experience in conventional and prestressed concrete, timber design, and structural steel design. Excel, MathCad, CAD, and programming experience.
Licenses and/or Certifications
Current registration as an Professional Engineer with the ability to become registered in Washington State.
BMI offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Compensation is dependent upon skills and experience.
For full job description please click here.
Bellingham Marine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex or age.
Bellingham Marine is a Drug Free Work Place.
To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.