Geotechnical Intern – Multiple Locations (Summer 2021, Full –Time)
Are you a civil engineering student with a strong interest in geotechnical engineering? Are you looking to further your education with intensive, real-world experience and mentorship from professional engineers? Do you like the idea of spending this summer outdoors, getting your hands dirty (literally) while you learn about what it takes to be a successful geotechnical engineer? GeoEngineers is seeking motivated civil engineering students for geotechnical internship opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This isn’t simply an office job. As an intern, you'll spend the summer gaining hands-on, real-world experience in geotechnical engineering as you directly contribute to the success of our projects. You can expect to spend the majority of your time in the field, working alongside our engineers to monitor field explorations and construction projects, collect field data and document site conditions. You may also have an opportunity to spend time in our on-site lab and perform a variety of geotechnical laboratory tests. You'll even have a chance to work with Principal and senior-level engineers, assisting them with project-related tasks and gaining insight into the world of professional consulting.
To learn more about life at GeoEngineers please visit our website at http://www.geoengineers.com.
GeoEngineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
- Current enrollment in Civil Engineering Bachelor's or Masters’ program
- Intent to pursue a Master's degree in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Hard working
- Ability to interpret and apply technical information
- Able to perform a wide range of physical activities and do heavy work including exerting up to 50 pounds of force on occasion
- Valid driver's license is required