The City of Laguna Niguel is hiring a Part Time Engineering Intern to support the Public Works Department.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Assist staff with research, projects, contracts and reports.
- Provide verbal and/or written information in response to inquiries and requests from the public.
- Perform minor field inspections.
- Conduct traffic and engineering surveys.
- Collect data and prepare visual aids such as slide presentations, photo images, charts and graphs.
- Complete minor as-built drafting assignments.
- Scan records into the Document Imaging Management System.
- Create maps and edits in the City’s GIS layers and databases.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Basic principles and practices of municipal government.
- A variety of computer programs including Microsoft Suite and GIS.
- Research, analyze, and evaluate programs, policies and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Communicate with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Establish and maintain effective and positive working relationships.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIRED:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities in qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- Requires possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License.