City and Borough of Sitka seeks a person highly responsible for technical work and specialized knowledge for field of infrastructure design, development, and implementation of asset management. The successful candidate will also maintain the Public Works Asset Management Program that outlines and establishes a set of planned actions, based on best practice, which will enable assets to provide a desire and sustainable level of service. The work is performed under the direct supervision of the Public Works Director.
- Coordinates the production of maps in the GIS environment for water, wastewater, streets, storm drain, traffic and other facilities reflecting existing conditions, projected decline of facilities, remaining life, and potential life extension utilizing established condition assessment software.
- Plan work to be accomplished, set program goals, and prepare preliminary budget information.
- Coordinates work with CBS staff assigned from operations divisions, other departments or outside agencies to support the asset management program.
- Defines and implements approved asset management policy, processes and procedures for Public Works infrastructure aligned with Departmental goals and objectives.
- Directly supervise the employees in the position of GIS/CAD Specialist and supervises, evaluates, and reports on the associated work output managed by other maintenance and operational divisions.
- Develops, reviews, analyzes, evaluates, and prioritizes data to make recommendations to assist in the development of annual maintenance and capital improvement programs for Public Works infrastructure.
- Review and prove quality control for the reports, products, and practices, produced but subordinates.
- Ensures Asset Management Plan is developed and maintained consistent with City goals and objectives and industry best practices.
- Ensures that the asset management policy recommendations are properly approved and communicated before implemented.
- Ensures asset data and assessments are accurate, timely and updated appropriately to enable decision making and planning for maintenance and capital programs.
- Ensures completion of assigned goals and objectives.
- Oversee the work of contractors used for the development, improvement and/or implementation of asset management systems.
- Review and provide technical expertise and assistance to subordinates and other department staff regarding policies, procedures and methods related to asset management.
- Investigate grievances involving asset management output and supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Comprehensive knowledge of local, State, and federal laws, statutes, and ordinances.
- Comprehensive knowledge of geographic information systems including software, equipment, and symbols.
- Thorough knowledge of system performance measurement concepts and methods.
- High level of statical analysis methods and mathematics.
- Must have familiarity with municipal procurement process and procedures.
- Must possess the initiative to manage multiple tasks independently with little direct supervision.
- Must be team oriented and can transparently discuss issues with immediate supervisor as well as customer divisions and subsequently, prioritize various tasks and develop an action plan to achieve the desired goals.
- Must possess skills in managing time, setting priorities, planning, and organizing work and where appropriate work of other employees to achieve specific objectives in the most efficient way possible within the resources available.
- Ability to keep current with emerging asset management concepts, principles, and practices.
- Efficient in collecting and analyzing technical information and to develop logical solutions or alternatives to problems.