Geotechnical Engineering Manager
PSI, an Intertek Company, is a leading provider of Geotechnical Engineering, Construction Materials Testing and Inspection, Environmental Engineering and Building Sciences as part of Intertek’s ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Building and Construction Services.
We are seeking an experienced Geotechnical Department Manager to join our Kennesaw, GA operations. The Geotechnical Manager will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing the Geotechnical operations in Georgia, including mentoring Geotechnical Engineering and technical staff, business development and financial management.
Our value proposition:
- Highly competitive salary (open to negotiation and DOE)
- Up to $20k sign on bonus potential
- Full relocation package
- Ability to grow career in technical leadership (Chief Engineer) or management (Regional VP)
- Industry leading team of quality and safety professionals
- Extensive service portfolio (commercial development, DOT [roads, bridges, highways…], special projects, etc.) with 100+ office locations in the U.S.
- Full medical benefits (BC/BS medical), dental (Delta Dental), retirement savings, life/disability insurance, vacation time, and other unique benefits
- Responsible for overall management of Geotechnical Engineering Services, including P&L responsibility.
- Direct and execute Geotechnical project assignments including, engineering analysis and report preparation, field exploration and laboratory services.
- Provide senior review of proposals and reports and ensure that commitments to clients are met.
- Client relations and business development activities
- Responsible for the mentoring and training of senior and junior professional staff and technicians.
- Actively participate in professional and technical organizations.
- BS Civil Engineering (MS in Geotechnical is highly desired).
- Minimum of 5-10 years of Geotechnical experience
- Must have Professional Engineering License (P.E.) or the ability to obtain one.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are essential
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of Geotechnical Engineering and related disciplines with the ability and desire to provide creative and practical solutions to meet our client’s needs in the Georgia Market.
- Must speak and write English fluently.
- GDOT Experience preferred.
A career with Intertek-PSI means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek-PSI is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.