Senior Geotechnical Engineer near Boston
GeoEngineers is an employee-owned national earth science and engineering firm that is just beginning to make its mark in the Boston area. This is a rare opportunity to grow with an exceptional company that cares for its people and delivers top-tier consulting services. You’ll be part of Boston’s amazing growth, and also partner with GeoEngineers’ scientists and engineers on projects throughout the region. There is no limit on what we can accomplish together!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will play a key role in managing exciting and technically challenging projects. Responsibilities include planning field programs, conducting technical briefings with field staff, and project management tasks including budgeting and client communications. You will also be responsible for performing engineering analyses and preparing technical reports, as well as conducting regular site visits, overseeing field explorations and construction observations. As a project manager, you will be responsible for mentoring and overseeing the work of junior staff.
To learn more about life at GeoEngineers and apply online, please visit our website at http://www.geoengineers.com.
GeoEngineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values workplace diversity.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering required; MS degree in Geotechnical or Geological Engineering strongly preferred
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience required
- Minimum 4 years of project management experience
- PE license required
- Professional-level verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to engage in site visits which can include repetitious lifting of loads up to 40 pounds in weight and hiking over strenuous terrain in varying weather conditions
- Must also be able to travel locally and long distances to service clients, perform business development activities and visit various GeoEngineers offices as necessary