Lead Landfill Technician
Seeking experienced Landfill Technician for a long term contract in Staten Island, New York. The contract scope includes operation, administration, maintenance, inspections, monitoring, testing environmental sampling, training, emergency response of all systems at the landfill.
- Conduct daily routine inspections of landfill systems, scheduled inspections (weekly, monthly, annual), and unscheduled inspections (such as after a major rainfall event).
- Maintain access to landfill gas wells, monitoring wells, parking areas, roadways, etc. via mowing vegetation or snow plowing/removal.
- Perform preventive maintenance of mechanical equipment.
- Prepare Daily Time Sheets.
- Prepare Inspection and Test Reports.
- Maintain a positive relationship with the customer.
- Maintain a professional personal appearance at all times.
- Effectively communicate with fellow technicians, vendors, subcontractors, and NYCD/Owner Project personnel.
- Willingness to observe safe work practices, company safety rules and regulations, regularly wear personal protective equipment and follow lock-out/tag out procedures.
- Respond to emergency calls.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime if and when required.
- Maintain company vehicles, tools and equipment.
- Must have or have the ability to obtain the New York City Fire Department (FDNY) Certificate of Fitness for the Supervision of Sanitary Landfill Methane Recovery Facilities (L-19).
- Must have proven experience on landfill sites maintaining landfill cover and drainage systems, performing environmental sampling, operating flare systems, taking landfill gas readings, maintaining/operating groundwater/leachate recovery systems.